》14

"O-oh

"O-oh." She breathed out when he removed his thumb and showed her the eyelash with a toothy grin- innocent like and unaware of the way her heart was beating expeditiously.

Mark let go of her, his arms retreating and Hana watched as his eyes darted side to side waiting for the cars to cease.
His hands were behind his back and he was stood on his tiptoes with a smile on his face.

"How are you always like that?" She spoke, voice still a bit hoarse from the crying and her glazed eyes looked up at him.

Mark's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"Huh?" He asked obliviously, turning his head to see her eyes twinkling from the streetlights above them both.

His eyes trailed down from her puffy teary eyes to the stains on her cheeks from the crying earlier.

"How are you always so happy?" She asked shameful, looking down at the ground and Mark's face fell slightly but he shuffled on his feet awkwardly.

"Things will get better Hana, when you get older you realise there's more to life than School and friendships."
"That's not why I'm upset." She murmured, disappointed but was she?

Mark smiled and stepped forward to ruffle her hair.
"Come on champ, let's get some food in you."
Hana scowled and pushed his hands away, making his face light up in amusement.

"Stop it, I'm not a little kid!" She whined with a pouted frown and Mark had already began crossing the road.
"Sure kiddo." He mused and Hana sighed when she caught up with him as they entered the store.

"How's school anyway?"
"Shit, as usual." She replied dryly and Mark hummed in acknowledgement, picking out food.

"You shouldn't put too much stress on yourself, you might carry too much more than you can handle."
"Because I'm so young?"

Something about her tone cause Mark to look up from the item in his hand. The girl was stood there, hands in her pockets with a disappointed expression.

"Uh, well yeah like it's probably hard for you with all your school work and everything, I don't know I didn't go School long." He shrugged.

"Do you think I'm young?"
"Huh, What's the sudden question about?" He laughed slightly, moving from that section and around the corner, the girl following behind him.

She stood next to him as he picked out more snacks, some for the boys too.
"Hello, do you and your girlfriend need any help?" The sales assistant asked politely.

Mark's head snapped up towards the woman and he shook his head.
"Ah, no she's not my girlfriend, she's like a sister to me!" He laughed awkwardly and the Woman apologized.

Like a sister to him.

That's even worse.