Part 6

(Rebekah's POV)

I walked over, lifting the coffin lid up to see Kol's desiccating body. I stroked his face, feeling a sadness in my chest. He had switched off his humanity and tore through the town of Mystic Falls, the doppelganger witch survived though I pouted. Out of everyone, he could have at least ripped her head off.

My eyes darted down to the dagger in his chest, I wrapped my hand around the hilt and started to pull it out. A strong grip on my wrist, halted my movements.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asked.

"She's alive." I snapped.

Kol would do anything for Jordan and here she was, in New Orleans. Out of all the places in the world, she was in the city we had come to call home. On our return a month ago, I had thought I had spotted her but then I couldn't find her again. I believed myself to be going crazy. That was until two nights ago. I had been walking past the rooms, when hearing someone in Kol's room. I frowned, no one should be up here. I planned to snap the person's neck when the door opened, and a small person bumped into me. I grumbled; they had crinkled my dress. Smoothing it out, I glared down until everything stopped. Jordan was before me; her face scrunched a little. Her hair was shorter and lighter. I gasped a little, this couldn't have been right. I had called her by her name and she pulled a face of confusion before saying her name to be Stacey. I frowned, this was Jordan, I know it was.

The next day I had decided to track down a witch, hopefully they could shed some light on this for me. I spotted Jordan again but with a guy. I scowled a little, I knew he was a witch just by looking at him. he glanced over at me, before whispering down. He walked off before I crossed the road and joined her.

"She has no memory of herself." Elijah reasoned.

I glared at him.

"She is alive and Kol can bring back her memories."

Elijah touched my cheek.

"And if he can not? Can you bare to see him spiral into despair? He butchered most of Mystic Falls." Elijah reminded me.

"Yes, the doppelganger still breathes though." I rolled my eyes with the thought of her still walking around. My eyes met Elijah. "He needs to see her." I whispered.

"What do you think your doing?" Nik barged in; eyes wild. He spotted Kol's coffin open and my hand inside. I levelled him with a look.

"Jordan's alive."

"The little Gilbert, are you sure?" Nik paused.

"I also saw her, though she is not Jordan but Stacey." Elijah confirmed.

"Ah, memories have been wiped. Clever witches." Nik mused.

I narrowed my eyes.

"What?" I asked a little confused. Nik smirked at me, this had me grounding my teeth. "Nik, I will smack your teeth out of your mouth." I warned.

"Sister, always to violence, I would expect that from Kol, though he had calmed when he had fallen for the mortal."

"Nik." I warned.

"Very well, it seems as though one has brought her back to the living, wiping her memories of her past. I suspect her past would be surfacing soon enough though, those spells don't last for a long time."

"So, she can remember who she is?" I asked feeling hope flutter in my chest. I spared Kol a glance and smiled at him.

"She can, but..." Nik paused.

I frowned; he was always theatrical. He waited before Elijah snapped at him.

"Out with it Niklaus."

"Very well, whomever brought her back could have tied her memories to her life. If she remembers, she could die again." I glared at him, but I could see Nik was truthful and he was not overly pleased with this truth. There wasn't the smirk I had come to know when he used his knowledge against one of us. I looked at Elijah and turned back to Kol, leaving the dagger in his heart. I sighed, leaning in and kissing his cold cheek.

"Soon." I whispered for him only. I promise I will wake him soon. 

After month after Jordan's death

"Kol?" Rebekah walked into a bloodbath; the floor coated in the warm sticky metical smelling liquid. She heard the sound of blood gushing and followed to find Kol, fangs in the neck of another one of the town's people. "Please Kol. You need to stop." She pleaded, walking closer to him. his eyes darken in warning and she rolled hers in turn. She knew Kol, he wouldn't hurt her.

He finished off the woman she recognized that worked in the hospital. She frowned, counting the bodies that littered the floor.

"Fifty-Six, bloody hell Kol." She scowled at him.

"Bekah, what is it you want? If it to lecture me, I don't care to hear it." he waved her off. He walked out, uncaring and leaving the trail of bodies. She followed him, texting Elijah she had found Kol and the missing towns people. Nik appeared, hands behind his back as he smiled.

"Hello little brother."

"Nik." Kol just gave him a once over, making his way to walk past. Nik sighed, grabbing his arm in a tight grip. Elijah had arrived, grabbing a hold of Kol's other arm. Kol chuckled darkly.

"Back in the box, is it?"

"Please Kol, just turn it back on." Rebekah pleaded, walking over and taking his face in her hands.

"I don't think so Bekah." He just smiled at her. Rebekah and Elijah had tried searching for Kol's phone, the one with the voice mails that were from Jordan. The only thing that would reach him. "Jordan wouldn't want this."

"Jordan wouldn't want to be dead either......but she is." He shrugged. Rebekah narrowed her eyes before grabbing his throat and squeezing.

"You think you are the only one who misses her?" she snarled at him. her face flushing in anger as she glared at her older brother.

"You can miss her all you like Bekah, she is dead." Kol shrugged again.

Rebekah slapped him across the face, hearing the second her palm connected with his cheek. his head whirled to the side before he kept it there a smile on his face. He turned back to her slowly, chuckling.

"Hit a nerve, have I?" he mused.

"Let's get this over with." Rebekah turned to Elijah and Nik, nodding at Nik to plunge the dagger into their brother's heart.

"I wish this did not need to be done Kol." Elijah spoke.

"Apologies little brother, you have caused too much attention." Nik said. He drove the dagger into Kol's heart.

The three originals watched as Kol's body desiccated in front of their eyes quickly, the skin turning grey and veins stark against his skin.

Rebekah stroked his face, feeling tears rolling down her cheek. She hated seeing her brothers like this.