Chapter 8

Yoda and Alia sit in Yoda's room, in deep thought.

"Premonitions.... premonitions.....Hmmmm... these visions you have," Yoda repiled.

"They are of pain, suffering, death...." Alia said... her mind was all over the place, she couldn't believe Padme was pregant with Anakin's child... she should be the one pregant... not her.

"Yourself you speak of, or someone you know?" Yoda asked... looking at Alia.

"Someone," Alia lied.

"Close to you?" Yoda questioned.

"Very.... close, yes," Alia stated.

"Careful you must be when sensing the future, Alia. The fear of loss is a path to the dark side," Yoda said.

"I won't let these visions blind me, Master... I promise," Alia nodded.

"Alia death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the force. Mourn them, do not....Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is," Yoda repiled.... looking at how hurt Alia was, he knew she was hiding something....but only she could face the truth.

"What must I do, Master?" Alia asked.

"You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose," Yoda sighed.

Alia stood up and bowed...

"Thank you Master," Alia smiled.

She closed his door behind her....her back againist the door, she started to breath heavily.... Yoda was right.

Alia heard a pair of footsteps walking up towards her... she glanced up, and saw Anakin.

"Um Obi Wan needs to see us," Anakin replied.

Alia straightened herself up and walked past him.... a sudden tear fell from her eyes, but she quickly wiped it away.

                                                                                    *****

Alia and Anakin rush into the Briefing Room. By the time they reach the Chamber, the last of the Jedi were leaving.... Only Obi Wan remains at the front of the lecture hall, he was shutting off some holograms and electronic charts and maps.

"You both missed the report on the Outer Rim sieges," Obi Wan stated.

"I'm sorry Obi Wan, I was held up," Alia repiled.... looking away sadly.

"Sorry Master, I have no excuse," Anakin said... looking over at Alia, who was now looking at Obi Wan.

"In short, they are going very well. Saleucami has fallen, and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity," Obi Wan said.

"W-What's wrong then?" Alia asked.

"The Senate is expected to vote more executive powers to the Chancellor today," Obi Wan repiled.

"Well, that can only mean less deliberating and more action. Is that bad? It will make it easier for us to end this war," Anakin said... looking over at Alia.

"Anakin, be careful of your friend Palpatine," Obi Wan commented.

"Be careful of what?" Anakin questioned.

"He has requested your presence... Anakin," Alia repiled.

Obi Wan nodded.

"W-What for?" Anakin asked... completey confused.

"He would not say," Obi Wan shrugged.

"He didn't inform the Jedi Council? Something doesnt seem right," Alia repiled.

"All of this is unusual, and it's making me feel uneasy. You're both probably aware that relations between the Council and The Chancellor are stressed," Obi Wan said.

"I know the Council has grown wary of The Chancellor's power, mine also for that matter. Aren't we all working together to save the Republic? Why all this distrust?" Anakin repiled.

"The force grows darker everyday... Anakin, we are all affected by it. Be wary of your feelings," Alia stated... turning to look at him.