Chapter Nine

"Cute beanie," Louis coos as he walks into the the hospital room.

Harry gives him a weak smile. "My hair is too patchy to wear out now..."

Louis sighs sadly. "I'm sorry, love... Are you feeling better from the other night?" Louis questions, recalling the ending to their date.

"Yes. Much better. I am so sorry for ruining our date though. I'm so embaressed..."

Louis grabs the machine and wheels it over to Harry. "No reason to be Haz. I had a great night, I promise. I love spending time with you!"

"You won't when I'm bald..." He closes his eyes. "I-I thought that I'd be one of the lucky people who has their hair stay... Now it's all patchy and disgusting."

"You could shave it?" Louis suggests softly. "You don't have to... But I mean, it would speed up the inevitable."

"I'm scared, Lou... It is just all becoming too real for me."

"I'll help you. I'll do it for you, if you'd like." Louis sits on the bed and takes Harry's hands in his own. "You're so so strong, Haz. You're doing so well, you just need to keep pushing, okay?"

Harry nods softly and stares at their intertwined hands. "Can you come to mine tonight? Help me shave it off?"

Louis places his hand on Harry's cheek and moves to press a kiss to his forehead. "Of course, love."