16

Will's POV

Mike caught my gaze, his mouth dropped open.

I just shook my head, coughed, and walked past him into my class.

"Will..." he whispered as I passed but I ignored him. It was none of my business who he kissed unless it was me he was kissing. Besides, him and El used to kiss loads. I guess I had just thought El had gotten over his lips, and hoped that Mike had gotten over her too.

Part of me, the stupid and selfish part, wanted to believe that Mike had just kissed her to see if he still liked her. That Mike was using her to figure out his sexuality and then would come running to me with a big kiss when he realized he was actually harboring feelings for me. 

I hated this idiotic part of me that wanted someone, who I considered to be my sister, to be hurt for my own gain. 

I slumped down in my seat and glared at my desk. I heard Mike walk in the classroom but I didn't acknowledge him.

-----

I had hardly survived fourth hour. I didn't listen to a thing my teacher was saying, I didn't even remember her name. I was throwing myself a pity party instead. My thoughts consisted of Mike and Eleven's kiss replaying over and over, along with several scenarios where it works out for me. 

"You have your lunch today?" El chirped, bouncing to my side. Her mood had definitely improved, I hated that I knew why.

I nodded in response and help up my lunch bag. She held hers up too with a wide smile like we had a five course meal packed instead of sandwiches and apple slices. 

"Why are you so grumpy?" 

El always knew my mood. Sometimes she left me be when I was 'grumpy' but other times she tried to fix whatever was wrong. Which usually worked but I didn't think it would this time.

So I simply shrugged and said that I had a tough class last period.

My answer wasn't enough for her but before she could pester me further, she caught sight of Max and ushered the girl over.

"What's up?" Max had an eyebrow raised. I could see her notice El's joy, which caused her to smile herself and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

Eleven almost squealed.

"I kissed Mike!" Her excitement was evident in her whisper. 

Mine and Max's reactions did not match. I was assuming because Max didn't like Mike that much. But she still smiled and congratulated the girl nonetheless. 

"That's amazing!" her voice was strained, "so you think you guys are gonna get back together?"

Eleven shrugged, "I'm hoping so,"

I rolled my eyes.

"but Mike says he needs to work some things out first."

What?

I drowned out their chatter and drifted into my own thoughts again.

What did Mike need to work out?

-----

Sorry I didn't post last night and sorry this is a short chapter. I'm trying to add more drama but not overload it while still developing character arcs and sneaky stuff lol.