Epilogue

Epilogue

Iris Parker

One year later

"Jace, could you give this to your brothers please?" I ask the eldest triplet as I gave him two clip-on bowties. He took it and nodded curtly. He ran to where Jamie and Jacob who were playing with blocks and building a bridge.

I've been stressing out, all the guests are already downstairs and I'm still preparing here. I looked at myself in the mirror as I started braiding my hair.

My long white dress reached till the a few inches after my knee as my big tummy protruded. I've been seven months pregnant now and we're holding a gender reveal party.

The door opened and I see Liam coming in. He was also wearing a white dress shirt with white jeans. The triplets are equally wearing white polo shirts with ties and white pants. Just thinking about the possible stains that they could get on those pure, white clothes was getting me stressed out.

"Done yet?" Liam asked as he came nearer and hugged me. He also greeted our incoming baby with a kiss.

I smiled. "I'm all done." I glance to the triplets who wore their bow ties very crookedly.

I went and fixed their bowties. "Let's go." I tell Liam. He smiled, taking my hand as we exit our room.

We made our way to the garden where everyone was. Liam's parents, my dad, nanay Grace, my best friends, Mace and Ezra, Haley and Gabriel, Mrs. Anderson as well as some other close relatives.

The party went on and we all began by eating.

I laughed as I see Mace bothering Xenia, which in turn was getting super irritated at the young fine man. How lovely, I hope they get back together.

My dad has been spending more time with us in the Venialgo mansion and I've been convincing him to live here. As for Liam's parents, they often visited so our parents got to bond a lot.

The triplets recently turned five years old and we've been blessed with another child.

"Shall we reveal the baby's gender now?" Cassie says as she stood at the very front. Xenia pulled me to the front while Andrea pushed Liam to follow.

The triplets followed us as Cassie handed me a long cylinder carton. It was that thing where you twist it and it powder explodes off of it with the gender of your baby.

My heart was beating, no matter what, I would still love my baby anyways.

I feel Liam's hand at my back, but he also pulls away when Xenia gives him his own canon powder to twist.

"Alrighty! Let's ask one more time, how many here vote for a boy?" Cassie asks everyone. I eye Haley and Gabriel raising their hands. I laugh and looked around some more.

Almost half raised their hands.

"How about for a girl?" Andrea beams.

Most of the guests rose their hands for a girl. I hear Liam laughing beside me. I knew he'd been hoping for a girl.

"Let's ask the big brothers shall we?" Xenia says as she goes over to the triplets.

"It's a boy!" Jacob said.

"No-- a girl!" Jace said.

"Yes, a girl!" Jamie ended the motion.

Everyone laughs at their answers and finds the scene adorable. I mean, it was cute.

"Alright, alright. Shall we reveal baby number four's gender now?" Cassie asks to the guests and everyone cheers and claps.

"Okay, so Iris and Liam, you just have to twist those and we will all know! Let's do a countdown. 3! 2! 1!" Andrea counted down.

I looked over to Liam waiting for the countdown to finish so we could twist it both at the same time. At the count of one, we twisted it and there was the loud sound.

Next came the colourful pink that erupted in the air as the wind carried it away. My eyes widen, we all look for a while to make sure of what we were seeing. And since we were all mostly wearing white, the powder had gotten onto some us, the colour pink attaching itself on our clothes.

I gasp and turn to Liam whose eyes widened with joy and he came over to me for a hug as if he had just won the lottery.

"It's a girl!" we said in unison.