nineteen

{an unexpected turn of events}

Snatching his handgun from the side draw of his bedside table, Yoongi had jumped to his feet the moment Hoseok's alarmed voice had sounded throughout the mansion. The explosion soon followed, rendering Yoongi breathless as he slammed his hands against his ears, cringing at the shrill blaring of the mansion's alarm system kicking into full swing. 

"What's the fucking point of alarms if they go off after we get attacked?" Yoongi scoffed, lowering his hands from his ears as he quickly made his way over to his bedroom door. He noticed that from underneath the crack of the door, smoke began to flood inside of his bedroom. 

"Shit." he cursed, realising that there wouldn't be any point in going out into the hallway when he would be to blinded to shoot. Unlike most of the others, Yoongi wasn't a close combat kinda guy, and his lack of muscle definitely made that obvious. He liked staying hidden and out of sight... as long as he could see the target that was. 

Running a hand through his tousled blonde locks, Yoongi decided to wait for either the smoke to thin out, or for the fight to come to him.  

He decided to wait no more then two minutes in his room, beginning to shiver as the cold winter air began to prick at his pale skin. During the process of waiting he grabbed another handgun from the top shelf of his closet, hidden inside a shoe box for safe keeping. He also slipped on his shoes before the unmistakable sound of a table crashing and Hoseok's blaring voice came sounding from somewhere down the corridor. 

Hoseok had obviously taken care of himself. 

With ten more seconds on his countdown, Yoongi decided not to wait any longer, swinging open his bedroom door and fleeing out into the hallway. His eyes stung as the smoke blurred his vision, his throat and tongue drying out as he inhaled the smog. 

Squinting his eyes, Yoongi let out a sigh of relief as the smoke began to clear out, the haze now thin enough for Yoongi to see a few men in the foyer. 

Just as he was trained, Yoongi made his way silently down the staircase, footsteps as light as a feather until he reached the polished marble floor of the main entrance. From the bottom of the staircase, Yoongi lost no time in lifting both of his handguns towards the group of four men. He brushed his fingers over the triggers and sharped his feline eyes, tightening his hold against the guns until two bullets fired in rapid motion. 

As Yoongi's hands jolted with the kick of the gun, the two bullets cut through the air, penetrating flesh and bone as they landed in the skulls of two of the men. They fell to the floor in defeated heaps, and that's when all hell broke loose. 

More men began to advance from out of no where, leaving Yoongi to curse under his breath as he quickly aimed again, shooting out bullets almost as quickly as he could blink. No matter how many men fell, more just came from around the corner, also carrying loaded weapons. 

Yoongi let out a gasp as a bullet whizzed past his ear, forcing him to move away from in front of the staircase to find shelter. But before he could leave the foyer, he heard frantic footsteps from the second story, eyes snapping to the top of the staircase where Jimin began to dash down to the first story. His bed hair was showing, tired eyes as he drew closer to where Yoongi stood. 

Jimin was about halfway down the staircase when Yoongi's eyes grew wide, the figure of a man approaching Jimin from behind. Swinging around one of his arms, Yoongi aimed towards the man behind Jimin, pulling down on the trigger and shooting a bullet straight through the man's forehead. The blood spattered and he crumpled to the floor, leaving Jimin to freeze, blinking with a blank expression as he realised Yoongi had just saved his ass.