2/5

Y/n gasped for air out of shock, she woke up on the ground in front of a canvas. Paint was just everywhere, having fallen asleep with an open bottle in hand. Her dark pink sweater got it worst, the red paint temporarily staining the soft cotton sweater.

Her white short-shorts that she chose to sleep in had some splatters of red here and there. She cringed seeing large sections of red paint dried up on her legs. Jumping up she ran over to the mirror to see if any paint had gotten into her hair, thankfully, there was none.

Letting out a sigh of relief, she raised her hand to scratch the paint on her cheek after fixing on her glasses. She jumped slightly hearing the sound of her doorbell being abused.

She instantly knew who it was, it had to be Tendou.

"Oh shoot! What time is it?!" She looked at her wall clock to see it was 3pm, Tendou was right on time at her door at the time they agreed on.

Valentines day was 2 weeks ago, and it was now a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Sometime during the 2 weeks that had past, Tendou and Y/n had a conversation that sort of went along these lines-

"Y/nnnnn!!!" The red head teasingly ruffled her hair as she sat down alone eating her lunch. She assumed Ushijima and Tendou were only passing by to get to their table but she was caught off guard and Tendou filled the seat beside her while Ushijima sat right across from her.

"Eh..? Why are you guys sitting here?"

"Tendou suggested we sit with you. I saw nothing wrong with that, after all, we are all acquainted here."

Y/n only grew more uncomfortable when the bold red head slung his slender arm over her shoulders and pulled her closer to him.

"I saw the painting you did for Wakatoshi and was wondering if you can do a painting of me! I'll pay 50 dollars." Y/n was feeling a bit flustered by his sudden question.

"U-Uhm.. You don't have to pay I can do it for you.."

"Great! I'll be at your house not next Saturday, but the Saturday after! That sound good? That's enough time right!?"

"M-more than enough.."  She squirmed, "Can you please just-- Your arm-"

"Oh! Let me get your phone number than you can send me your add-"

Y/n froze in her spot when she heard the door suddenly open, there stood her mother, behind her was Tendou and the uninvited guest, Ushijima.

"Dear, your friend is here to pick up a paint-" She drifted seeing her daughter covered in paint as well as the mess in the spare room of the house Y/n paints in. "--ing.."

"H-Hi!" She squeaked, feeling nervous she bit down onto her bottom lip as she avoided eye contact and walked over to where she had set down Tendou's painting.

"I was adding some finishing touches to y-your painting when I fell asleep.. then I kinda made a mess.." She briefly explained as she approached the red head, her eyes still glued to the floor.

"Oh wow!"

Y/n kept her head down to try and hide her blush

"I was in the middle of baking cookies with Y/n's younger brother, you guys don't mind staying until they're ready?" Y/n's mother offered with a small smile, Tendou nodded enthusiastically while Ushijima simply thanked her.

The two males walked straight past y/n and into her room while Y/n's mother made her way back down to the kitchen.

Ushijima analyzed the room, eyes scanning the paintings hung all over the wall, as well as the unfinished pieces of art that littered the room. Then, his eyes finally fell on the largest canvas in the room. The painting was incomplete, and seemed to be halfway done.

It was a lovely painting of a man holding up his son in the air, both smiling at each other.

He muted the sound of Tendou teasing Y/n in the background as he stepped in the direction of the painting. His eyes softened as he took in more of the little details presented in the work of art. The painting that was only a close to being completed was pulling away at his heartstrings.

He knew art was a beautiful thing, and has high respects for all who work in those fields. But he just had no clue it was possible to portrait such strong emotions through a painting. Emotion leaked out from the fathers eyes as he looked up at his sun.

It looked so real, as if it was captured by a phone or one of those huge camera's.

Finally, Y/n turned her attention to the rather quiet male who only stood with his hands in his pockets. His eyes never leaving the incomplete painting.

"Ushijima-san, are you okay?" She inquired, his eyes tore away from the painting to look at the much shorter female who stood next to him. "You've just been staring at this painting for uhm, a while.."

His eyes slightly narrowed, finally noticing a difference in her appearance.

"You wear glasses?"

"Yes! I j-just wear contacts out at school.."

"Don't they look so cute on her!" Tendou sprung up behind the female as his arms draped around her waist, she was rather uncomfortable with how 'touchy' Tendou was.

"My glasses aren't important right now." She shook her head, "are you doing okay?"

"I am fine." Y/n only nodded at his direct answer, "this painting is very.. Exhilarating.." He looked at the painting before back down to meet eye contact with Y/n. "When was the last time you worked on it?"

"About 2 days ago, I was going to try and complete it today after handing off Tendou's to him."

"You seem to always be painting.." He commented with a straight face, watching as Y/n tried to free herself from Tendou's rock solid grip.

"One day I won't be able to paint anymore." A depressing tone laced her voice, of course Ushijima picked it up. He raised a brow at her making her face go red in embarrassment, "Y-you know cause we n-never know when we're gonna die right!?" She covered up.

"I suppose. I feel the same towards my passion." And just like that his attention was turned back to the painting. "If you don't mind, I would like to watch you complete this art."

"Y-you would?? It isn't exactly the funnest thing to watch someone do..." Y/n reminded him, he only shook his head telling her that found it everything but boring. So she just couldn't say no, he seemed to be very invested in the painting just like Y/n herself.

Y/n let out a sigh of relief feeling Tendou finally release her.

"Well I'll be on my way then!"

"Wait, don't you want some of the cookies my mom and brother are making?"

"I do.. But don't want to come in between your couples bonding time. Plus, I already feel like a third wheel." He whined, Y/n looked up at him, "Thanks for the painting."

"Y/n is not my girlfriend."

"Oh really? then I'm sure you don't mind me doing this?" Tendou's long finger gently grabbed Y/n's chin and lifted her head slightly.

That was until Ushijima swatted his hand away and off of Y/n.

"Don't force her to-"

"See! And I bet the second I leave this room you two will start eating each others faces! Ahaha!"