◇39◇

🌄Chapter 39🌄

🌄Chapter 39🌄

MUCH TO Y/N'S dismay, the bothersome school day was barely half way over. Between the switching of classes, she hung around the rooftop where luckily (for them) nobody disturbed her.

So far she had done a decent job of avoiding any contact with other people, with the exception of Arlo of course. Even though nobody was really bothering her, Y/N still felt the urge to leave the school, preferably to a place with less people that she wanted to stab in the throat.

Fortunately for her, there was also something called "ditching."

And that's exactly what she planned to do.

She pulled out her (new) cell phone from her pocket to check the time. If she was not mistaken, the other students should be in the middle of class, so there should be no problem walking out of the building.

Just as she was about to go down the staircase from the second floor, a particularly raged voice she hadn't heard in a while caught her attention. It came from the small alley in the courtyard outside.

"Don't take another step!"

John..?

In front of him was Elaine and Arlo.

"W-wait!" The blue haired healer pleaded, grasping his sleeve. "Please Arlo! We need your help!"

What she said next made the heterochromatic eyes observing from above darken.

"Seraphina is missing. She never came back to the dorms last night! We think she may have gotten herself in trouble with some of the other students."

Seraphina's...missing...? The revelation of this new information distracted her from her original plan of ditching.

"What?" Arlo raised an eyebrow at the passive-aggressive John, who in return said, "...What are you looking at?"

"Nice going," The blonde scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The "King" of Wellston continued in a sarcastic, bitter tone. "You never cease to amaze me, John! Even though you spend almost every walking moment together, you still manage to loose sight of her! And you can't even keep track of Y/N. Idiot!"

"You shut the fuck up, Arlo!" John snarled. "This all happened because you weren't competent enough to keep the news from spreading!"