32. Two Types Of Emptiness

Scarlet

Last night, I forgot to slide the curtains over the huge glass door and next morning, the rays of sun woke me up from the peaceful sleep. Something had kept me warm and protected the whole night. Now that I opened my eyes, I could clear see what it was, or more correctly who it was.

It was Evan, who had pulled me close to himself. Our legs were intertwined together and our bodies were practically glued to each other. A warm feeling filled me at our proximity and I blushed deeply. The comfort of his arm was too much to handle for my fragile heart.

I shifted in my seat and that's when his eyes shot open. At first, confusion filled his face, followed by surprise and then finally something softer and warmer.

"I guess I drank too much last night." I said, staring into his deep blue eyes that were casting a spell over me.

"Yeah," he answered and his voice sounded rough and sexy. Up close, he was more beautiful and the urge to trace his face overwhelmed me. He still hadn't loosen his hold on me, not that I was complaining.

"Thanks," he whispered and his eyes lowered to my lips.

"For what?" I asked, licking my lips to wet them.

"I slept great last night, after a long time." he said and the hair on my arms stood up in excitement. I loved that I could be the reason of his comfort and I loved that he was still being sweet instead of his usual rude self.

"Glad I could be of any help." I smiled. The corners of lips lifted upwards and he raised his hand to caress my cheeks. His touch caused my cheeks to heat up more and I struggled to keep my eyes open.

At an annoyingly slow speed, his fingers reached my lips and he traced my lower lip with his thumb. My chest heaved up and down as my breaths came out rough.

When he slowly scooted his face closer to me, the desire to feel his lips over mine filled me and I closed my eyes in anticipation. His lips hovered over mine, his surprisingly minty breath tingled my skin and the my stomach tightened in many knots.

"Fuck," he groaned when suddenly, the sound of my phone appeared from somewhere between us. My eyes shot open and I looked around for my mobile, refusing to meet his eyes.

"It's Geena," I said and my voice sounded hoarse. I rose to sitting position and behind me, Evan stretched himself on the bed.

I slid the screen and answered the video call. Cara's face appeared on the screen and her sight brightened my day. "Mama," she screamed excitedly when she saw me.

"Cara," I smiled on seeing her. "How are you, baby?" I asked.

"I am fine, Mama. And I miss you and Daddy." she said with a pout.

"We miss you too. Here, say hi to daddy." I said and turned the screen to Evan.

"Hello, Daddy." she brought her hand to screen and waved it.

"Hello. Do you need anything, Cara?" he asked in a serious voice.

"No," she said.

"Great." he said and handed me the phone back.

"Don't be a jerk." I glared at him while whispering.

I passed the mobile black to him again, all the while frowning in displeasure. He rolled his eyes at my reaction and then added, "I miss you, sweetheart."

Cara giggled in return and then told him, "Geena made me pancakes in the breakfast."

His eyes moved to me. "Smile," I motioned with my hand.