Chapter- 4

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Sometime later, Naira was slowly regaining her senses.

"Kartik.." was the first word coming out of her mouth. But she found no one in the room.

Though it's not that she was expecting Kartik by her side. In fact slowly she was getting used to it. She thought of calling Swarna but she didn't. Thinking that she has already troubled her a lot.

She wanted to go to washroom and slowly got out of the bed. Taking support of tables and walls she started moving towards the washroom.

But her legs started paining and she was slightly losing her balance due to weakness. She was about to fall down but a strong pair of hands saved her from falling.

Naira looked up and found Kartik. He had held her waist and they were close. This is the first time they were this close to each other.

"You could have called someone!" scolded Kartik.

"Washroom.." mumbled Naira.

Kartik carried her in his arms in no time. He walked carrying her till washroom and gently dropped her at the door of washroom.

"Thank you" she said but he left the room.

After sometime,
Naira slowly stepped out of washroom. She thought of calling Kartik but then she decided to walk on her own. She started walking but again Kartik came there and picked her up in his arms. She was shocked by his sudden action.

Kartik couldn't move his eyes from her. She has just taken bath and she looked like a freshly bloomed flower.. This is the first time Kartik was admiring her like this. He couldn't blink his eyes but was just lost in her beauty.

"Kartik.." she mumbled but got no response.

"Kartik!" She again called but he was still not in his senses.

"Kartikkk.." she tapped his shoulder lightly which brought back him to the world.

Realising their state, Kartik walked and placed her gently on the bed.

"Thank.." before she could say, he left from there.

Closing the door behind, Kartik rubbed his forehead realising what just happened to him few minutes back! He was attracted to her. He couldn't control but was pulled towards her.
Suddenly he shuddered all those feelings in him and thought of going to office to keep his mind away from Naira.

Kartik was ready for office. He grabbed his bag and climbed down. Swarna and Manish were having breakfast.

"Good morning" said Kartik but no one responded.

"Swarna.. I am done with breakfast" said Manish and got up from the table leaving the food in middle.

"Now he is over reacting!" said Kartik looking at Swarna.

"No. He's not" said Swarna.

"You too Mom? Anyways you guys are free to think whatever you want just keep me out of it." said Kartik and left for office.

Sometime later, Swarna went to check on Naira.

"Good morning beta.." said Swarna.

"Good morning maa" replied Naira smiling.

"What happened? Why my daughter is smiling so much today?" teased Swarna and sat in front of her.

"He cares for me maa." said Naira. Swarna smiled hearing this.

"I am very happy beta. Slowly, things will get better Naira. Just don't lose hopes. Give him sometime.." said Swarna and Naira nodded her head.

¤¤¤¤