chapter 23

Love is beautiful it can't be hidden,its in the eyes of the one who loves you!

   The continuous ring from my phone woke me up,I was too lazy to pick up hoping the person would stop calling but no!I lazily took my phone and the caller happened to be my mom and knowing how impatient she can be I picked up immediately. "Why is it taking you forever to pick my call,do you know how worried I was?",good morning to you too mom! I bet my mom rolled her eyes before responding to me,I know her and she is so predictable. We spoke for awhile,she told me about her work and how they are planning on promoting her to be the manager of the branch,she worked in a bank. And I was so happy for her, she really deserved it, I know how long she has worked at the bank and how dedicated she was always ready to go to where ever branch they sent her at least now she won't have to be traveling all the time,and that would mean she would be relocating to another town,wait!!that will mean she will expect me to relocate with her!...good thing I would be getting married and am yet to tell,still not sure how she would take it. She then told me she would be back by weekend as promised, that she has been given 2months leave,enough time for her to get ready for the relocation..I was really happy to know she would be back soon I have really missed her. After we talked about my brothers and she asking me when last I visited them, and I told her about my acceptance into college she hung up promising to get me lots of gift...I kept smiling didn't realize how much I missed her till after the call,I kept thinking of things I would love us to do together once she is back while smiling to myself that I didn't realize Ben was in the room staring at me,with his hands crossed waiting for me to come back to earth..I was startled by his shirtless presence and I kept my head down immediately my eyes came in contact with his sexy naked body. how can someone be this perfect?and why did he want to torture me by appearing shirtless this morning..I couldn't even look at him. to make things worse the thought of what happened the previous night came to my mind,I started feeling butterfly in my stomach and I started blushing. I think he knew what was going through my mind he didn't say much just came to where I was lifted my head and kissed me on the lips and told me he was going to use the bathroom and that I am free to join him if I wanted then he smiled and walked away....seriously how can he not be affected the same way I was?if he was I think I would say he does a better job of not showing it,probably because he has been with a whole lot of women....wait!that's even worse the thought of Ben having been with a lot of women started making me feel somehow,I wasn't sure if I should call it insecurity. whatever it was it didn't feel good. We haven't really had that discussion but I think it won't hurt to bring it up....just when I was about thinking of taking up his offer of joining him in shower he was already out.."my guts told me you won't join,chicken!"...wait did Ben just playfully call me chicken? He playfully threw the towel he used to dry his hair on my face he didn't even give me the chance to take it off my face he attacked me on the bed and started tickling me I was laughing so hard and was begging him to stop,he didn't oblige,he kept tickling me I was almost losing breath but I was so happy knowing Ben was this playful. He allowed me catch my breadth then kissed me on my forehead..while he went on to get dressed.
"Babe go and bath don't forget we will be having dinner with my parents this evening"....wait!!what??I totally forgot I promised Ben we would be visiting his parents,I started having a panic attack, Ben noticed then walked up to me and held my hand so I could relax them because I kept squeezing it so hard,Ben has really read my body language and that was reassuring. "You will be fine,they will love you. I love you already so they don't have a choice but to love you too, he said smiling showing his dimples like he knew what effect that smile has on me..I wasn't really assured but I just had to pretend like I was okay,after all he wasn't the one meeting his "rich parents" for the first time, what if his parents were rich snubs?and his sister has a lot of attitude and obviously Ben would expect me to deal with it..oh lord!oh lord!I really need to meet with my girls. The thought of what my evening would be like kept going through my mind and I kept playing the possible out come in my head over and over again that I didn't realize how much time I have wasted in the shower, Till the voice of Ben brought me back to reality.."babe"!! H***sh**! And at impulse I tried covering my boobs then my vagina or would covering my face be better I was dying of embarrassment. I know Ben has seen me naked before but I'm just not used to it yet even though we will be getting married soon my body is just not used to it or should I say my shy self won't let me..he only chuckled and told me he was worried when he noticed I have been in there longer than usual I apologized and told him I would be out soon, he walked up to my naked self kissed my forehead and walked out. I don't know why he loves doing that but whatever the reason might be I hope he won't stop doing it. After getting dressed, I had the breakfast that was put out for me by Mary bens housekeeper as much as I wanted to go meet the girls I didn't have the strength, I decided to ask Ben if I could invite the girls over? "Of course baby"that would be great, I was already worried about leaving you here all by yourself because of an emergency meeting I need to attend  with the board of directors in the office. got the call while you were bathing hope you are not angry?he asked looking  worried I would get angry..  I wasn't I was only curious,I know he mentioned them owning hotels was curious to know what office so I asked. Office?? "He then told me aside his father having hotel at different part of the country and in other country's too, that his father also has a multinational company that have been in the family for ages...I had a surprised or should I say shocked look on my face..I just couldn't hide it...But wait!why then did you open a dancing school? And you were acting all simple I wouldn't even classify you as one born into wealth if you never told me!
  "Dancing has always been my Passion, but my father never wanted me to pursue it as a passion, he sent me to a business school when I really wanted to go to a dance school,after I returned with the degree he wanted,I decides to do something I love but after my mom called me and told me my dad was sick and it was time for me to take over I had to make the sacrifice for my family and let go of my passion..
  "So what happened to the place now?who is handling dancing classes now?I really can't remember the last time I went to dance my mind out!"
Ben laughed..actually I had to shut it down,it doesn't exist anymore,besides I think you don't need to dance to get your mind off anything again,but out of anything you could do to get your mind off anything why choose dancing?..."I didn't even know myself,I have always loved dancing from highschool but whatever made me think it as a heartbreak therapy I didn't know.....
  "Well I'm glad you chose it,and I'm glad you chose my studio. I would never have met you,he said smiling while holding my hand. And I was smiling as well....
  "But wait!how come you never acted rich,why didn't you tell me when we went on a date.?
  "It was difficult to know a girl who sincerely loved me, at the beginning it would seem like love, then they will start being more interested in what he can get for them. I decided to hide who I really was and most of the girls I have met since I came back wanted me for sex while they date someone else that would meet their financial needs...
  There loss!I tried saying to myself but I didn't know he heard me. he smiled and squeezed my hand tenderly. So how many girls have u dated?  Hmmmmm, he started counting his 10 fingers over again and I started feeling uneasy on what the answer would be, he noticed my reaction and burst out laughing...I was wondering what was amusing him when I was dying from tension on what his answer might be..God knows I don't have the strength to fight with ex's that miss him or want to come back..
"Relax babe!I was only pulling your legs! I have only dated 3 girls"...
Was I suppose to be relax knowing 3girls have had history with this amazing man before me..are they married?
Ben started laughing again..I was being serious here this dude was being entertained. "Babe relax!even if they are not married you seriously have nothing to worry about, he lifted my left hand where I had his ring on to my face to remind me I was the one he was going to spend the rest of his life with..but I gave him the face that I was still waiting for his reply. "2 is married but soph is still single but she is in a serious relationship...
Wait!what?!soph?as in Sophia?
"Yes"...oh you call her soph instead of Sophia interesting!and you are still in talking terms with her,I think what I was feeling was what they called jealousy and I fear too,fear not to experience what I experienced when I was with Chris..just 1 ex and I was feeling this way,what if I proceeded to ask him how many girls he slept with?I doubt if my heart could handle that.
"Babe!!!"I was lost in my thoughts again..babe you really have nothing to be worried about I love you and that's all that matters. now call your friends I will send peter my driver to go pick them up I don't want to be late for the meeting,I will pick you up my self this evening for the dinner with my parents be ready..then he kissed me lightly on the lips and left looking handsome as always...I was at ease,at least for now with that I made a conference call to the girls and they were super excited to visit..I decided to take a tour of the house while waiting for my friends..I met Mary at the kitchen downstairs what she was cooking smelled nice I thought it was an opportunity to bond with her I offered to help but she declined politely. I asked what she was cooking,she told me Ben asked her to make pasta for my friends and bake cookies for them too..how sweet of Ben!I said to myself. I asked Mary how long she have worked for Ben she told me she have been with Ben since his childhood..wow!she didn't look that aged!she started telling of some of bens childhood moment..she seemed nice just as she was about bringing the cookie out of the oven my girls arrived..I politely excused myself and went to welcome my friends...
  OMG!its a lie!!! All 3 of my friends said staring at the house like they just made it to heaven..
  "Please eve pinch me I want to be sure this is real?Ericka said while shutting her eyes. Eve obliged ahh!not that hard!she said rubbing her hand where eve had pinched her.eve and crystal started laughing I was just waiting patiently for them to be done with their drama while I was praying silently for them not to do or say anything crazy...when they noticed Mary laughing at them there senses came back..they said hi to Mary and I introduced them to Mary..then Mary asked if she should get them there food,I told her not to worry I will take care of it later. I relieved her so she could have sometime for herself,then I took the girls to the sitting room they kept telling me how lucky I was. I was tempted to tell them about other investment Bens family has, but I decided there are something's I should at least keep to myself. Crystal asked me if we would have the wedding before we resume school or while school is on session..I haven't really thought of that,I think I would discuss it with Ben later. Then Ericka asked me if I would even go ahead with college? Of course I would!education meant everything to me..but what if Ben and his family decides you shouldn't? Why will he want to do that to me?I haven't also thought of that...I then told them I would be meeting with his family this evening they were excited and worried the same time. They told me they trust me to stand up if I get bullied by any of them, they helped me pick a red dress after a they were the one's that packed my bad. After we had our girls talk I served them lunch and they kept singing praises to Mary about how delicious her food was..Ericka didn't forget to remind me how lucky I was that I won't be slaving myself in the kitchen..I rolled my eye at her Ericka cooking for my family is not slaving my self.."whatever"you still lucky. She stood up and asked me to show them the way to our bedroom so they could pick a dress for me..I led them to the bedroom...wow!jas!your room is amazing,just the room is the size of your entire house! Please crystal!my house isn't that small I left them to be admiring the room and went downstairs to get them cookies..they helped me pick a red dress that stop just before my knees,like always eve said she would make me up since it was almost evening and I bet Ben would soon be back I went to have my bath when I was done eve made me up,Ericka styled my hair and crystal zipped my cloth so she won't be entirely useless..I picked a red shoe that matched with the dressed then a black purse,good thing it was my friends that packed my bag they asked me to pack some cookies for them they would take home just as they were about to leave Ben came back and met them by the door. They all hugged him Ericka told him how he has forgotten them and that he doesn't ask of them anymore Ben smiled and told her that wasn't true.. "But dude why didn't you tell anyone you were this loaded?" Oh my God I covered my face from embarrassment I knew this night can't end without one of them embarrassing me..Ben only laughed out loud.."what will be the fun in that?he asked smiling..they all laughed.."hey babe! He kisses me on the lips you look beautiful he said gently on my ears I blushed a little..why not see your friends off to the car while I quickly take a shower?sure!I saw my friends off to the car where peter was already waiting for them they told me to own the night and not to ruin my makeup..how I love this girls!when I entered the room Ben was already done dressing..wait!did I waste so much time seeing my friends or did Ben take his bath at all?he saw the surprise on my face he laughed and told me he knows what am thinking and yes he took his bath ..shall we he brought out his hand to take mine while we gently walked down the stairs he opened the door for me and asked Mary to retire to bed early and not to wait for us..he opened the passenger door for me to enter then he entered..I really don't know why Ben likes driving whenever we go out when he has a driver but that's the least of my worries now and like usual I started squeezing my hand on my lap Ben placed his hand on my hand on my lap while he drove with the other hand with his face on the staring he said "relax babe!they are going to love you"!...oh God!I hope so too.....