A normal life *part 4* (Peter Parker)

Peter limped through the warehouse, his fighting techniques limited to just firing webs at the weapons designer's minions as he was still too weak to fight them. He turned the corner and his eyes widened.

"The fuck happened here?" he scoffed into his comms as he limped down the corridor that was filled with unconscious guards.

"You in the West Corridor? Yeah, we let Banner loose down there." Scott chuckled, making Peter smile and shake his head. Suddenly, his mask was ripped off of his head, cutting off communication with the others as a hand on his shoulder turned him to face the perpetrator. Peter's eyes widened as the weapons designer punched him harshly in the face, making him fall to the floor and groan.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." Peter gulped, scrambling backwards on the floor and away from the man as he desperately fired webs at him. Both he and his enemy knew that he was far too weak to fight the man alone, meaning that if he didn't get his mask back, he wouldn't get Y/N back either.

"You should never have messed with my business, Spider-boy." The man hissed as he pulled his gun out of its holster.

"Okay, I got that joke when I was a teenager, but now I'm nearly thirty, now it's just rude." Peter scoffed, firing a web at the man's feet. His eyes widened and he groaned as the binding wrapped his legs together and made him fall to the ground, allowing Peter to get up and limp over to him.

"I should never have messed with your business? You should never have taken my wife, asshole." Peter spat as he sent a blow to the man's face.

"It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, got to make my living somehow." The man smirked. Peter wasn't sure what the smirk was for until he felt the icy barrel of the gun pressed into his neck. His eyes widened, making the man's smirk widen as he guided their movements with the gun, making Peter move backwards so that he could stand up.

"Do whatever the fuck you want to me, but let my wife go." Peter gulped, slowly raising his hands too for good measure as he didn't want to risk anything.

"Oh, no. No, that's not how this is going to work." The man cackled, making Peter wince.

"What use could you possibly still have for her? I'm here, aren't I? And you're pointing the gun at me, so you're clearly in control." Peter spat.

"Don't you see, Mr Parker? Even if you die, your wife is still the perfect bargaining chip to get me anything and everything that I want from Nick Fury." He smirked. Peter's eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh yeah? How the fuck do you figure that?" he spat.

"IF I let you live, I exchange you and your wife, alive and in one piece, for whatever I want from Fury and the pathetic remains of SHIELD. If you die, your wife is still the perfect tool to use against Fury. Because, guessing by the fact that what's left of the Avengers is currently running through my building, Fury was the first person that you called when you discovered that your girl was gone. So, I'd bet my right arm that even if you didn't make it, Fury would be willing to save Y/N for my price, as one last favour to you." He explained. Peter's eyes widened. It was the perfect plan, and that was the issue.

"My wife was never meant to be involved in this, let alone be a fucking bargaining chip. Please, she just wanted a normal life. Let her go." Peter begged, his voice cracking slightly.

"That's not going to happen, Mr Parker. Say, I think that it's about time that we go see Mrs Parker, don't you think?" he smirked. Peter clenched his jaw as the gun was removed from his neck, but before he could lunge for the pathetic man, his arms were grabbed by a couple of guards.

"Get the fuck off of me." Peter spat, trying to struggle his way out of their grips but it was no use as they dragged his still weak body down yet another corridor and, at least Peter hoped, towards Y/N.

Y/N's P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open and shut, exhaustion taking over my body as I remained tied to the chair, with pieces of fabric still gagging my mouth and preventing me from seeing. Despite the black material giving me a constant veil of darkness, I had had little to no sleep since I had been taken, despite the fact that all I wanted to do was let the tiredness take over. But just knowing that Peter would be coming after me, and therefore would potentially be killed soon, was enough to keep me awake with worry. My head shot up as I heard the door open, and my eyebrows furrowed as I heard voices, as well as what sounded like struggling.

"Get the fuck off of me." My eyes widened as I immediately recognised the Queens accent, the one that I had fallen in love with. But surely it wasn't really him. Surely my senses were starting to fool me.

"Y/N, oh my god." I flinched slightly as I felt someone throw themselves down in front of me before the gag was removed from my mouth and the blindfold was torn off of my eyes. I blinked harshly, squinting at the bright lights as two familiar hands found my face. My eyes eventually adjusted to the light and then widened as Peter knelt in front of me, his face as beaten up and bruised as when he had come home.

"Peter?" I choked.

"It's me, baby, it's me, you're okay." He nodded as he leant up and hugged me tightly. I choked again, tears starting to leave my eyes as I leant my body against his, the action resembling a hug as much as I could whilst being tied up.

"Peter, why are you here, you could die in the state that you're in." I cried as he pulled away but still held my face.

"That's a risk that I was willing to take if it means saving your life." He nodded. I shook my head and bit my lip, trying to stop yet more tears as I looked at him.

"Now, are you going to kiss me, or what?" I teased. He chuckled and shook his head as he leant in and pressed our lips together, his hands still cupping my face.

"Alright, that's enough, break it up." Suddenly, Peter was pulled away from me, making me choke as his arms were once again forced behind his back by the two guards as they stood him up to look at the weapons designer.

"Well, isn't this a cute little reunion?" he smiled as he looked between us. I scowled at him, as did Peter.

"Just a shame that it doesn't have a happy ending." He nodded before pulling out his gun and aiming at Peter.

"NO!" he fired the gun, making Peter choke and look down slowly at the new bullet hole that now occupied his waist.

"PETER! NO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as blood started to drip from the hole. Peter choked again and looked at me with glassy eyes as the men let him go, making him fall to the floor.

"YOU ASSHOLE! YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS!" I shouted at the man, making him simply smirk and shake his head at me.

"Yeah, sure I will, sweet thing." He scoffed as him and his minions left the room, slamming the door behind them. As soon as the metal closed, I looked at Peter, choking as he lay on the floor in a developing pool of his own blood.

"Baby, it's going to be okay, just hold on for me." I nodded.

"I-I can try." He chuckled weakly, though his eyes already fluttering told me that his progressively weakening body was struggling to keep him alive as he clutched his side. I bit my lip, wanting nothing more than to get out of my restraints and just hold him on the floor. As much as I didn't want to believe it, I knew that Peter was dying in front of me. The love of my life was bleeding out less than a meter away from me, and I was utterly powerless to stop it from happening. I swallowed thickly, my heart in my throat as I could see his eyes fighting to stay open as his hand started to become limp against the wound.

"Stay with me, Pete, okay? I'm going to get us out of here." I promised, swallowing more tears as he slowly nodded.

"I know. I know." He whispered as his eyes fluttered shut completely and his hand went limp against his waist.