↘︎ chapter thirty-three

33 | The Quidditch World Cup

It was getting dark outside and all the families started to leave their tents and head for the stadium. There were wizards and witches of different nationalities everywhere, the tents were very colourful and full of magic. Marley Macmillan, together with Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley, left the girl's tent and waited for the boys to come and head to the glowing stadium.

The day as a whole went very well, they even met Mr. Crouch, whom Marley laughed at for the jokes at breakfast this morning. The whole Weasley family had assembled and had just entered the 100,000-seat stadium. Previously, everyone had bought some other nonsense from the stalls around the stadium, and now everyone was getting up to the Top Box where their seats were.

Marley noticed Cornelius Fudge lively talking to someone which he called Bulgarian Minister of Magic. Suddenly Marley's face came to life as she supported Bulgaria in the final and was not interested in what Fred and George were saying about the Irish team. They wouldn't change her mind, even giving her a thousand galleons.

"No, Mr. Oblan- Obanos... whatever!" Fudge was waving with his hands and anger on his face. The Minister just shrugged and sat on one of the seats in the Top Box. "Ah, Arthur! So glad to see you! The Bulgarian Minister can't speak English and he's on my nerves the whole day."

"I don't think--" Marley started to talk, but Mr. Weasley interrupted her, telling everyone to take their seats in the Box and keep quiet until the match will start. Marley found herself sitting next to the Bulgarian Minister, Fred and George next to her.

"What were you saying about Bulgaria, Marley?" friendly mocked at her Fred but the girl ignored him and just rolled her eyes. She supported Bulgaria and believed they'll do their best on the finals. The girl really liked their culture and National Quidditch team - Viktor Krum was a Seeker and only at the age of eighteen. He was really young but Marley was such a huge fan of him.

Just then, the Malfoy family appeared and sat behind them, and a conversation ensued between Lucius Malfoy and Mr. Weasley, foreshadowing a heated argument, but well, it was Ludo Bagman to stop them. They all took their seats and within minutes the match started. The commentator Ludo Bagman called on the mascots of each team.

"The Bulgarian - veelas!" he announced and beautiful women came on the field. They had amazingly long and soft hair, shining dresses. The women began dancing and suddenly Marley felt how tensed the stadium became. Most of the men and boys had started doing something.

"George, stop!" suddenly yelled Marley and grabbed George for the shirt. He had stepped one foot toward the Box and was ready to jump and go down. The veelas stopped dancing and the disapproving shouts of all the men were heard because the beautiful women had stopped dancing. Marley couldn't disagree they weren't beautiful but they had some strange influence on men.

"What am I doing here?" he asked and looked down at the stadium. Fred wasn't sitting on his place, but his younger sister Ginny was trying to stop him leave the Box. "Oh, who are these beautiful women over there! Can I go down and--"

"No!" snapped sharply Marley, firmly resolved she won't let go the Weasley twins during the finals. Her cheeks flushed, and she felt a lump in her throat as she pulled George back into his place. During this time the mascots of Ireland passed - the leprechauns and at that moment the Bulgarians would come out with their brooms.

"Here they are - the Bulgarian National Quidditch team!" shouted Ludo Bagman. "Ivanova,  Levski, Dimitrov.... Zograf, Volkov, Vulchanov and.... Krum!"

The team flew their brooms and Marley admired them and looked at them smiling, ready to shout for the team while Fred and George were supporting Ireland.