1'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮

"Is he dead?"

I stare at one of the bodies sprawled on the ground. Bloody and I could tell he was ripped up pretty bad. With the war we're having against the vampire clans, it is amazing that we were able to kill so many from the strong clan.

The Moreau Clan.

That clan has been our enemy for generations and just recently have we been able to really show them who's boss. Especially with me needing to prove to the Head Alpha that I'm worth being pack leader, I am not holding back. I've killed more vampires than most of the men in our Pack.

Who I truly want to kill is Azriel Moreau. The son of the founder of the clan. If I could just sink my claws into his throat and rip it out, I'd definitely have the glory. Once he's burned before the Head Alpha, I would definitely have supremacy over all.

They would have to respect me.

"He will be now." I state, a chuckle leaving both of our throats as we toss the body into the fire. We watch the bodies begin to disintegrate right before us.

My disgust began to grow at the thought of them being so lifeless and without a soul that they just become dust. They're just held together by the blood they ravaged from others and their own strong blood within them.

"You are very close to becoming Head Alpha, very close." Chris tells me as he cleans off his bloody hands in a stream. "The more I watch you grow it fascinates me because your parents are missing out. Wonder how they'd feel to know that the son they left behind is the strongest of the pack. It's impressive."

My eyes diverted away from his, becoming bothered. I didn't like discussing the fact that I was an orphan. When people bring it up it only reminds me that they are selfish.

Willing to talk about people's shortcomings so easily as if it doesn't affect them.

"Maybe so. What if they don't know who I am? How would they know if I'm even alive?" I ask Chris, picking up a silver necklace off the ground. My eyes mesmerized by the green emerald somehow glimmering despite it being dirty with blood.

"Didn't they place you at someone's doorstep? That's what I've heard." Chris mumbles ignorantly, anger beginning to arise within me.

"Don't fall for every rumor you hear." I growl, shoving the necklace in my pocket. "I'm going home."

"Oh! I'll come with you!" Chris exclaims, and I instantly stop walking. I felt him bump into my back as soon as I stopped.

"Don't come with me. I thought it was pretty obvious when I said 'I'm going home'. Which means I want to go, by myself." I say, and I look over my shoulder at him.

He had a slight pout on his face that told me he was against me going home alone. Except my home was actually closer to here than he thought it was. I didn't live in the city with the pack.

I lived on my own. Far away from them and their judgements.

"Idris why do you always push people away?" Chris asked me, and I decided to continue walking from there.

I heard his footsteps following me and I became irritated immediately. Why can't he just leave me alone?

"It's not that I'm pushing them away. They do and say stupid things that makes me want to avoid them. People are inconsiderate and selfish, I am just tired of the same thing." I state, stopping once again as I knew I was almost close to my house.