the byers' house

・・・ ・・・
CHAPTER FOUR : THE BYERS' HOUSE
・・・ ・・・

     jonathan byers made his way back home last night with the strange blonde girl that clutched his hand the whole time there

     jonathan byers made his way back home last night with the strange blonde girl that clutched his hand the whole time there. he woke up this morning with sunshine beaming on him & saw the blonde girl laying beside him with her mouth partly opened & hair thrown over the pillow in a delicate, yet messy matter. she was in one of his old shirts that had a logo for the clash on it & a pair of his sweatpants that had gotten too small for him.

     "will? will?" he moved at the sound of his mother's voice, "sweetheart, can you hear me? will, please, will?" he quickly got up & grabbed a shirt off his nightstand & in the process waking saturn up from her slumber. "it's me. just talk to me. talk to me." joyce said to the empty room. "say-say."

     "mom?"

     "jonathan!" she turned around & she gestured for her son to join him, "come here, come here."

     "mom," he questioned, "what is this?"

     she chose to ignore the question, "come here, come here."

     "what's going on?"

     "it's will, it's will. he's trying to talk to me," she told her elder son while her breath was trembling with every word she said.

     "he's trying to talk to you?"

     "yes, through-through the lights," joyce explained as she pointed at the lights

     "mom-" jonathan started but was cut off.

     "i know. i know. just-just watch. will," her voice was shaking as jonathan held her hand & looked at the lights as nothing was happening, "your brother's here. can you show him what you showed me baby? please."

     a light flickered & joyce gasped at it.

     "did you see that?" joyce's eye lit up as she looked to her son who's face stayed like a stone wall.

     "it's the electricity, mom. it-it's acting up," jonathan tried to reason with his mother, wondering why she was doing this, why she was giving herself false hope.

     "no-"

     "it's the same thing that fried the phone!" he said to his mother.

     "no! it is not the electricity, jonathan! something is going on here! yesterday the wall-" she tried to explain to her son, but was cut off by him.

     "what? what about the wall?" he yelled.

     "i don't know! i don't know!"

     he sighed and continued to yell, "mom, first the lights, then the wall?"