33

"So...You cut it like this?"

"Mhm! Good job!"

You look over at Yoongi and give him a bright smile as he slowly cuts the veggies you put in front of him for the stew, Maki's eyes watching both of you from her seat while letting out little coos and sucking on her binky.

"Maki seems happier..."

"Yeah...she is...even though she has to be staring at both of us the whole time."

You both turn around at the same time and look at Maki, her eyes lighting up and she kicks her legs in obvious excitement.

"Aish kid."

You continue to look at her and watch as she locks eyes with you and gives the biggest smile you've ever seen out of her, your heart swelling with warmth.

"She's so precious.."

"She's pretty much my whole life..I don't know where I would be without her."

"I guess her mother must have thought the same thing.."

At your words you lightly jump when Yoongi drops the knife in his hand and lets out a small cry of pain, blood erupting from his thumb as you gasp in shock.

"Yoongi! Are you alright?!"

"Yeah totally fine over here just bleeding."

Ouch.

"Wh-where's your first aid kit?"

"Bathroom cabinet top shelf."

You nod awkwardly and run to the bathroom while grabbing the first aid kit and return to the kitchen, Yoongi quickly grabbing the kit from your hands as he begins cleaning his wound.

Oh no...

He's upset...

"I um...I'm sorry-"

"It's fine. Just forget about it."

You give him a small nod and turn around while picking Maki up out of the chair and tending to her diaper as you try to fight back tears.

I should have known better than to bring up Maki's mother...now I've upset Yoongi and ruined the moment...

After finishing up with Maki you return to the kitchen and see Yoongi washing the knife in the sink, his shoulders slumped down and his expression unreadable.

Ryun always did say I was too nosey....

Maybe he was right...

"Can um...can we still cook without these veggies? I think I ruined them."

"O-of course...that was just for extra heartiness...you don't persay need them..."

"Alright."

The air in the room is heavy and glum as Yoongi brushes the veggies into the garbage and looks at you with sad eyes, his lips turned down in a small pout.

"What do I do next?"

"Oh...now we just let the veggies cook down...it should be done in about an hour..."

"Okay."

You watch Yoongi walk past you and plop down on his couch again while turning on the tv, you and Maki soon joining him as you keep glancing at his gloomy demeanor.

"Pa?"

You watch Maki crawl out of your arms and smile wide up at Yoongi as she buries her face into his thigh, his lips turning up into a small smile.