Chapter 12 | Day 12 - Christmas Lights and Last Day

"Are you ready? It's getting dark now, almost perfect," Bennett asked, but didn't make any signs of motion to move. His arms still wrapped around me as we were lying in his bed.

"Um no, I'm good. Too comfy," I responded, mumbling against his shirt, tightening my grip on him to prove my point.

"Kendall, as much as I love lying here and holding you tight, we've been doing this all day. And besides, it's almost time to go or we will be late," Bennett said, but again didn't make any attempts to move.

I smiled at that. He was basically showing that he didn't want to move either and that he would much rather prefer to lay here with me. Actually, pretty much said that. Those are great words to say but not say.

He wasn't lying, we have been laying here in his bed together all day. We've been cuddling and watching movies, basically doing whatever we could to soak up the last day we had together before I had to leave.

My plane ride back home is scheduled at 5:30 in the morning, meaning that it's too early for us to do anything together. Plus it was already decided that Aunt Ruby would be the one to drive me to the airport. It's like a last minute resort to hanging out and spending time together like we were supposed to do all along.

We are going to go into that more. We've dealt with all of that and are happy with how things turned out. Honestly, I really enjoyed this winter break way more than I originally thought I would. I am thankful for everything that had happened and every single second I spent here.

So will all that in mind, Bennett and I decided that today was going to be dedicated to him and I, doing whatever we want to do and nothing more.

We've pretty much been doing this since we finished baking yesterday. I got permission from Aunt Ruby to spend the night at Bennett's as soon as we finished washing the last dish. We've laid in his bed watching movies ever since.

Yesterday was actually pretty fun - minus the whole head banging incident. After that it was smooth sailing and to be honest, it didn't feel awkward at all. Which was surprising to me. But then again makes sense, considering that Aunt Ruby and Bennett knew each other before I came into the picture.

It was fun getting to know more about one another. The day was full of delicious foods - once I decided that I would do the majority of the baking and directions. After that, the day was full of good food, jokes, and laughter.

"Come on, babe. Let's go," he said once again, this time he tapped my hip lightly to get me to move.

"No," I mumbled again, keeping my position and once again holding him tighter. It is our last day as I mentioned before, and I don't want this to stop. If I could I would spend the rest of my days, or however long he'd allow me, right here doing exactly this but nothing more. There's nothing more than that I would want to do right now.

Oh, that's right he called me babe again. the smile on my face continue to grow, there is nothing more I would want to be doing right now. Laying in his arms, with his voice calling me babe is the best thing I could imagine.

"Come on Ken, we gotta go. It's getting dark out, it's almost perfect conditions we gotta go," he continued, this time starting to shove me lightly.

Hold up a second, do he just call me Ken? Nobody has ever called me that before, and honestly at that moment I realize that I don't care what he calls me, just the sound of his voice especially when he's talking towards me is the best sound in the world.

"Ken, huh?" I asked, adjusting myself and resting my hands on his chest to look him in the eye.

"Huh, I guess so," he responded, looking up at me with sparkling eyes. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what kind of emotions Bennett was feeling right now. Based on that sly smirk grin and the joy and pure bliss dancing in his eyes, it was easy to say that he was happy and content.