E.J Caswell Imagine Part Two: What have I done? 🤔

Author's Note: Here's part two to the E.J love triangle story. I am trying to post as much content as I can before I get loaded with school work in a week or two. Don't forget to vote and comment. This one hits a little different mood. :0

E.J's POV:

Instead of going to the bathroom to clean my puffy tear eyed face up I ran as fast as I could to the school parking lot. No one could see me like this. The theater kids, the water polo team, or the cheerleaders who always stand by my locker. This was more than embarrassing. I was a mess. I couldn't stop crying. What was wrong with me? Gina is wrong. There's something wrong with me. I can't face my friends like this.

I got into my black Lexus and drove off. I didn't even know where I was going. I guess I could go home and pretend I'm sick or I got expelled. My mom doesn't even care. She hasn't talked to me in years. My dad is working, he won't see me.

"E.J what are you doing home? Shouldn't you be in school?" Our maid Rosa said with a spanish accent.

I know what your thinking. Why does E.J Caswell have a family maid when his dad can barely pay bills? We aren't necessarily poor. It's just that my dad would rather spend his money on other things instead of college tuition. I'm trying to save up to pay myself. I kind of lied to my crush Carlos. Maybe. I wish my mom was still in the picture.

"I said. Why are you home son? You never skip school. You have a 4.3 GPA and your captain of the water polo team."

"Maybe it's because I don't want to go to school!" I exclaimed a bit too loud scaring my dad.

"And maybe for once, you should ask me how I feel and what's wrong?!" I said grabbing my duffle bag and backpack stomping up the stairs.

When I finally reached my room, I locked the door and slid myself down the door to scream in anger. Before I could throw anything across the room my phone started ringing. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now, except maybe my mom. I checked the caller ID and saw that it was my cousin, Ashlyn:

Phone Call:

"Where are you?! Ricky's late for rehearsals and you're his understudy!" I heard Carlos scream like a little girl through the phone.

"Can I please speak to Ashlyn?" I said trying not to break down crying.

"Are you crying E.J?"

"Can I please speak to Ashlyn?" I said in the calmest way possible.

"Ashlyn!" I heard Carlos scream through the phone.

"Carlos why do you have my phone?"

"I saw E.J calling you and I had to tell him to get his ass here or else." Carlos said sternly and I just listened to them fighting over the phone.

"Hey E.J where are you? Rehearsals are insane. Ricky's not here and Nini is singing through a forest of boys from the basketball team. Gina won't talk to me and Kourt is preoccupied weith costumes." My cousin said really fast.

"I'm at home. I need help. I yelled at my dad, Uncle John. I need to talk in private." I said as my voice cracked.

"E.J what's wrong? I'm stepping out of the room. You can tell me anything." Ashlyn said in a calm voice.

"I told Gina and I broke down in front of her and I yelled at my dad. And now I'm locked in my room and I don't want to go back to school. I miss my mom." I said breaking down crying finally.

I guess that's why Miss Jenn says I have no emotion because I bundle it all up till the last minute.

"Oh E.J, you're going to have to tell your friends eventually. If not the water polo team than tell the theatre kids. Seb and Carlos and Nini will understand. I miss Aunt Marsha too. You've been bundling this all up in your mind for so long. I think you should see Mrs. Stroh, the guidance counselor about all this. She can help you with the college stuff. I'll get Carlos to help cancel rehearsals, Miss Jenn is already cranky because two leads are missing. I got to go Carlos is coming. Love ya cuz."  Ashlyn said and then hung up.

*The Next Day*

My alarm went off at 7:00 am and I hit snooze. I would normally be up by 6:30 for water polo practice and then a shower at 7:30. School starts at 8:15. This particular morning I didn't want to get up out of bed. I have never missed more than one day of class before; that time I got the flu from sick kid in 8th grade gym was the only time I was absent for a few days. That's different.

"E.J get up!" I heard a familiar voice yell in a sing song voice. I rubbed my eyes and saw Ashlyn in front of my bed holding a cup of coffee and a bag of Dunkin Donuts.

"It's 7:45 why aren't you up? You probably missed water polo practice. I used the spare key to come in by the way. Here's your breakfast and go shower quickly you stink. Love you cuz." Ashlyn said smiling while handing me the coffee and donuts.

"I don't want to go to school." I groaned hiding under the sheets.

"You're the only kid in the whole school who has a perfect attendance record, except fro that time you got sick in gym. Get up! I'm driving us to school."

"Ok. Fine."

*At East High*

"Why weren't you at rehearsals yesterday?! We were doing blocking and you could've been there! We didn't even have a Troy. Miss Jenn canceled rehearsals because of you." Nini angrily exclaimed in my face. It was kind of cute though.

Gina was looking at me from her locker across from mine and she winked at me.

"I was tired from water polo practice and I forgot to tell someone. Where was Ricky when you needed him? I thought we don't talk anymore?" I said not looking at Nini.

Before Nini could respond, I saw Carlos waltzing down the hall to class as usual.

"Hey Carlos, can I talk to you?" I said in a whisper voice.

"If this is about those dances you keep messing up in Getcha' Head in the Game and the rehearsal you missed than no. Go talk to Miss Jenn about your excuses. We're counting on you. You're an understudy. You can't just leave." Carlos said obviously ticked off.

"I need to talk to you in private now. We have ten minutes till classes start. Men's bathroom. Now." I whispered.

"I never thought I'd hear E.J Caswell ask me to go to the men's bathroom with him." Carlos exclaimed a bit too loud as I shushed him.

When we were in the bathroom and I made sure no one else was in there I faced my fears.

"Carlos, how did you know that you were gay?" I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" Carlos said in a normal voice.

"Wait. Are you telling me that you are gay?" He said opening his mouth.

"yeah." I whispered.

"OH MY GOD."

"Be quiet." I whispered and shushed him.

"So why did you want to talk to me?" Carlos asked confused.

"I need advice on how to tell my friends and my parents." I said staring into his hazelnut eyes.

"That's not something I can give advice on. It's something you have to do yourself. Man up. I was so scared when I did it and I lost so many friends, but I still had a crush on Seb and that's all that matters."  Carlos said doing pirouettes on the tile.

The bell rang just as some guy walked in and closed one of the stall doors. Carlos was gone in a flash. I missed my chance to tell him that I kind of liked him. I don't know how I'm going to tell my friends. Now he knows. What have I done?

P.S: Do you ship EJlos? I think I do. Seblos for the win tho.