four.

Leaning back against his seat, Darrin ran his hand over his head and sighed heavily

Leaning back against his seat, Darrin ran his hand over his head and sighed heavily. He decided to stay home and work since he had a lot of work to do and he'd rather do it at home. He knew that the workers would be able to work on their own without him there since he did it often. He stared at the multiple contracts that he finished going over.

"I need a break," He sighed and pulled his phone out. He had to tuck his phone away and place the ringer off so that he was able to focus. He got distracted easily, it'd been like that since he was a child. He could never stay in one place nor could he pay attention for too long.

His eyes lit up with happiness as he pressed the home button on his phone and his wallpaper appeared. He smiled at the picture of him and Rosé together smiling for the camera as Jennifer took the picture. His daughter was his everything and it sucked for him that he couldn't understand her lately. He knew that he was in the third grade and she was growing to the ages where she was more secretive, but he still couldn't figure her out.

He thought that asking once was going to get her to open up to him. He never had the talk with her. The talk where he explained that he was her parent, but he was also someone that she could speak to about anything. He thought whatever she was going through was just a phase, so he never questioned it further.

He didn't question her when she'd grumpily get to the car after school without any words about how school was. She just hugged him tightly, hoping that he'd never let go of her.

He didn't question it when he noticed that she didn't have friends- the friends she only had were the kids he set her up with through family friends- and believed that she didn't because she wasn't social.

After raising Rosé alone since she was one years old, he still didn't give her the talk, which made her feel like he was just too busy to care.

Darrin was going about parenting as if he was going through everything easy in his life. He was "going with the flow." He hated the fact that it wasn't enough for her, because he could see that what he was doing wasn't enough. He saw it and decided to apply his emotions into his work and gain the money to give her whatever she desired.

He continued to look at her beautiful face and chuckled to himself. She reminded him so much of her mother. She was quiet like her mother and never said much, but her presence was always loud. She was soft spoken, but she was so sassy and spunky.

She was his little light and all he wanted to give her was happiness.

The sound of the doorbell ringing from downstairs caused his head to shoot up. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he stood up from his sea and headed down the steps. He didn't expect any company and knew that it couldn't have been Rosé when his mother was picking her up from school and taking her two her dance class.

"I'm coming damn." He mumbled as he heard the doorbell ring three more times. "Fuck is what wrong with them?"

Swiftly, he opened the door and looked down at the woman across from him. He smirked and looked at her knowingly.