23: The Accident

THEA'S P.O.V

"Thea, Thea.." I felt a gentle shake on my shoulder. "Thea, wake up"

I groaned in annoyance. "What?"

"It's a short notice but I have to leave to Germany"

My eyes instantly opened to the news. I sat on the bed, rubbing my eyes. "Why so sudden?"

"I was meant to tell you last night but you fell asleep"

I yawned. "For how long are you leaving?"

"2 days. I will be back on Tuesday"

I nodded and my eyes caught the sight of his unfinished tie, I got up and tidied the tip of his tie. "Call me when you get there, and don't forget to buy some chocolates. I heard Germany have one of the best chocolates"

He smiled. "Yes, Ma'am"

I pulled him into hug. "I'm gonna miss you"

He chuckled behind me. "I'll only be gone for like 2 days"

"Still, I don't have someone to annoy"

He pulled away and gave me a look. "You will only miss me just because you don't have someone to annoy? I'm hurt"

"You know I'm only kidding," I grinned. I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. "Do you want me to come with you to the airport?" I called out whilst washing my face in the sink.

I heard footsteps behind me. "No it's fine, I'll be leaving soon though"

I brushed my teeth and spit out the used paste. I cleaned my mouth and turned to face him. "Okay, I'll see you in 2 days"

He stepped ahead until he was a few inches closer to me. "Just like that?"

I glanced at him. "Just like what?"

"No goodbye kisses for me?"

I raised an eyebrow. "You want a kiss?"

He got even more closer that I could feel his breath brushing on my lips, before I could process, he leaned in and captured my lips with his. I could smell coffee from his breath.

He was kissing me gently, so gently that my legs are getting weak. I got goosebumps all over me whenever his lips massaging mine.

Eventually he pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. "I guess I'll see you in 2 days"

I was still weak from the kiss. "I'll see you in 2 days"

After lots of bantering, Arthur finally left to the airport. I waved at him as he got into the car and rolled the window down. I watched as the car drove away until it's disappeared from my sight.

I got back into the house and had breakfast alone then went to our room. My phone vibrated on the bedside table. I unlocked it to see a text from Arthur already.

 I unlocked it to see a text from Arthur already