𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 (epilogue 2)

(Don't read unless you've read the chapter titled 'The end' )

ØØØØ

AMBER MAXIMOFF'S one wish was to be normal- yet, here she was, surrounded by an army from outer space and heroes from near and far. The girl had experienced her fair share of battles from Sokovia to the airport in Germany, but this one? This one was different.
All of humanity and all living life forces were now counting on them to win the battle.

Amber kicked an alien into the stomach, sending it tumbling backwards before pinning it down and letting Dr. Strange kill the beast. She couldn't see Thanos, all she could see was the rubble of her home and a constant flow of creatures from beyond their world.

The girl huffed, before sprinting off to try locate the purple giant, she arrived at the scene just in time to see Thor arrive with Stormbreaker and attempt to pin Thanos' arm down, with assistance from Steve. Amber rushed forward, using her powers to push the giant back. A drop of sweat trickled down her forehead as she pushed harder. She felt like her veins were on fire, she let out a small yell of anger and kept pushing but she wasn't strong enough, Thanos pushed back and easily overpowered the three, sending them flying back into a pile of rocks.

Ambers vision spotted black. She coughed loudly, failing to breathe due to the impact of her body on the debris. She couldn't move- not yet. She lay still, trying to get her vision to clear. Between consciousness, she could see Carol fighting one on one with Thanos, she then spotted Tony, who seemed saddened. The girl forced herself into a sitting position despite her body's many complaints, only to see Thanos wielding the gauntlet.

Thanos smirked widely, "I am– inevitable." He boomed, raising the gauntlet and snapping his fingers, but- to Ambers surprise nothing happened except a small, metallic 'clink'. She stood up slowly, using a large piece of concrete for support, her eyes widened at the sight now laid out in front of her.

Amber watched as Tony held the gauntlet in his hands firmly, without a second thought the girl sped forward, dismissing her body's ache. She grabbed the gauntlet out of the mans hands and roughly shoved her fist into the metal glove. As soon as it encased her fingers, a searing pain spread throughout her body. She could smell the haunting smell of burning flesh, yelling and groaning as she knelt in agony, bringing her forefinger and thumb together.

"And I- am NEVER going to let you win." And with that she snapped her fingers and a blinding white flash, shot out. The girl fell back into the dusty debris, only to never arise. Her body was numb and all she could hear was the faint calling of her name before she let the darkness engulf her.

ØØØØ