Chapter 1: Circus clown

A/N: 02.17.2020

Hello, hi, what's good what's poppin'? It's been a while guys! Your author is back with a new bxb, I hope you like it :)

P.s: I'll find a better cover and description, they're just temporary, don't worry 😂

Question: When/where/day you started this book?

🍒🍒🍒

"Another missing student from Bran Prep High was found yesterday night in a forest near the school. Folks say that it was a wild bear attack that had mauled her away, some speculate that it was a pack of hungry wolves. She was found with two strange bite marks on the side of her neck, the same injury as the other recent victims. People are starting to wonder if wild animals really are the culprits," announced the reporter. "Some say suspect that there might be vamp-"

Mrs. Sorin picked up the remote control and turned off the T.V with a sigh.

"Mom, I was watching that!" complained Noah, who sat in the living room eating his morning Cheerios. "It was just starting to get good."

"Reporters are saying such nonsense nowadays," she said in disapproval. "I mean, vampires? Do they really think supernatural creatures exist in this world? This isn't the Twilight Saga." She laughed to herself. "What's next? Flying pigs and man-eating hamsters?"

"They did say there were bite marks on the neck," Noah said, getting up from his chair and putting the bowl into the sink. He picked up his bag and strapped it over both shoulders, something that the 'cool kids' refused to do. But Noah didn't like slinging his bag over only one shoulder, thinking that it was unfair for the other if only one side had to hold all the weight.

"You shouldn't believe everything they say on T.V," his mom said. Noah smiled, kissing her on the cheek.

"I'm heading to school, I'll see you later."

"Are you taking the bus?" she asked, skeptical. Noah avoided her gaze.

"Micka's picking me up."

"In his car?"

Noah nodded.

"I thought his driver's license was confiscated," she frowned. "He crashed his mother's car twice and almost ran over a stray cat,"

"He was having some... Technical difficulties," Noah slowly said. "Micka's a responsible teenager."

"I think you might need to look up the world 'responsible,'" she deadpanned.

"I'll be fine," Noah promised, giving his mom a quick wave before closing the door behind him.

Micka Kowski was Noah's best friend. Their parents knew each other before they were born which was how they became friends when they were toddlers. Despite having different personalities, Micka being the loud, aggressive, pessimist and Noah, the calm, kind, optimist, they were inseparable.

They peed in the same pool when they were little, farted on each other's faces when they were toddlers, rolled down hills and broke bones together: they were brothers from different mothers.

Noah hopped down the front porch, expecting to see Micka's flashy yellow car parked in front of his house, but instead, Micka stood on his front lawn, leaning against an old, rusty bike with a black helmet over his dark, honey-blond hair, flickering his grey eyes towards him with a smile of their own.

"What happened to your car?" Noah asked with raised brows.

"Crashed it," Micka casually shrugged, tossing him the violet helmet that he held between his arm and waist.