Chapter 29 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

What the hell is going on? I can't hear anything. It's like when something explodes near you and all you hear is a high pitched noise.

The voices aren't clear yet but my vision is perfectly clear.

I'm standing in an O.R, watching as doctors yell and shock my heart with the paddles.

"Hello?!" I scream but none of them answer me. "Why are you doing that to me?!!" I could feel tears threatening to escape my eyes but I force them to stay.

When I speak, my voice comes back like an echo.

"What's wrong with me?!" I ask while I start sobbing and tears blur my vision.

"Charge!" The male surgeon yells.

Someone charges the paddles before he says, "Clear!"

Everyone removes their hands from my body and he shocks my heart.

"Charge again!" He tells them when nothing changes.

"Clear!"

Beeeeep!

"Doctor, she's gone." A lady to the left of the surgeon says.

The male surgeon sighs before looking at the clock on the wall, "Time of death.."

"No." I run my hands through my hair as tears escape my eyes and fall down my face. "I can't die!"

There's a huge pain in my heart. I fall down on my knees and let out a loud scream.

He takes a deep breath before speaking again, "Nine forty - sev-"

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The sound of a beeping noise cuts off the doctor, causing everyone to look up at the heart monitor, including me.

"She's back." A female doctor says with wide eyes.

My eyes go wide also and my mouth falls open as I slowly stand up.

"Quick everyone! Let's all try to keep her alive this time!" The surgeon says before everyone begins to work on my injuries.

I let out a breath of air and place a hand to my chest, where I feel my heart beating again. I feel a slight smile make its way to my face.

Suddenly, there's a bright light coming from under the door. I walk over to it and open the door before walking into the bright white light.

I shield my eyes from the light. When the bright light starts to fade away, I blink a couple of times to let my eyes adjust.

Fresh flowers, bright green grass, light blue skies and an amazingly beautiful clean lake in front of me. I stand here on this warm sunny day, underneath a large apple tree and stare at the sky.

A fresh breeze of wind blows and I inhale, loving the smell of this perfect place. A small smile plays on my lips as I just stand here barefoot on the perfect green grass surrounded by all different kinds of flowers you can possibly think of.

There's no one else around, it's just me but I don't feel scared. The moment I opened my eyes and saw where I was, I immediately felt safe. Like no one in the world could possibly hurt me as long as I'm here.

"Baby?"

I look around at my surroundings when I hear his deep husky voice, "Damon?"

"Baby, you need to wake up." He says in a pleading tone.