Chapter 40 - Justice for Blake?

And then there was the gun shot. 

It was a weird feeling, the weirdest I ever had to experience. My whole body was shaking like crazy and there was this feeling in my gut, that told me, as afraid as I was, I was finally going to be free. Free from my nightmares, from my fear and most importantly from Ray. It wasn't hope... that is the wrong word, but just a light feeling that mixed together so well with the fear in my body. The world went numb and everything was empty. 

I will never forget seeing Ray fall to the ground as the policeman had shot him in the shoulder. His eyes were suddenly so empty. The cold and icy grey was gone and replaced by a dull blueish color as he looked at me and, almost in slow-motion, fell to the ground. I hadn't even heard the police enter, but apparently they did. The gun, Rays gun, was still pressed against my temple and all I could think about, was Ray laying in front of me, holding his shoulder in pain, as the police stormed onto the stage and arrested him. 

Starring at Ray, who still despite his wound tried to fight the police and resisted as good as he could, I felt nothing. For me it was all in slow-motion. How the police put Ray in handcuffs, how he screamed and kicked and even laughed and how everybody fled the building as soon as they could. 

A police woman carefully approached me and said some stuff I couldn't hear, since everything felt numb, but after a few seconds of being completely confused, I suddenly understood, that she wanted the gun from me and tried to prevent me from killing myself. Was I actually about to do that? Was I crazy? My mouth gaped open, as I carefully handed her the gun. She smiled and I felt warmer. 

The next thing I knew, two strong arms wrapped around me in my kneeling position, that I had apparently been in since the shot and Romeo was hugging me, like I just came back from the dead. I couldn't believe it.. all of what had just happened. But feeling Romeos warmth and touch and smelling his scent just made me realize, that it was over. Like on instinct, I immediately found his arms with my hands and held onto them for dear life, as my head fell to the side and buried itself in the crook of his neck, but so that I could still watch the police carry the yelling Ray off stage and away. What he was yelling, I didn't hear.

"Its over baby, its over. I'm here, I will never ever leave you like this again Blake. I love you so so much babe. Its ok, its over now" Romeo said, his voice firm but vulnerable and I hadn't even realized that I had began to sob my soul out. Romeo was still kneeling with me on the ground, hugging me and letting me cry, until suddenly Cody ran up to us as well, joining the hug. 

"Blake are you ok? I-Its all over now, they arrested him! Its over!" Cody smiled with tears in his eyes, hugging me from the other side. And then the rest of the group came and joined what had apparently become a group hug, but I didn't mind. Amelie was the first one to jump into the hug and Luke quickly followed as well as Nick. Even Jaxson, after sighing, hugged us all and we just sat there on the ground, traumatized forever. I have never felt more loved in my entire life. This was the support I always needed. 

"Excuse me... hi, my name is Officer Riley. Are you hurt in any way? Do you need medical attention?" the nice lady, who had taken the gun away from me, asked and my friends slightly pulled away to let me answer properly. "Uh n-no I-I d-don't think s-so" I said, but still clinging onto Romeo. The nice lady nodded, before walking away and coming back with a golden thin metallic like blanket, that I had seen in movies before. I think it was to keep the patient warm and calm them down, but I had Romeo for that. Nevertheless, I didn't argue with a woman who had just helped safe my life, so I let her put it around me. 

"You have been very brave today. But we do need you to come to the station with us right now so we can take your statement. Do you think you are able to do that?" the lady asked with a sad smile on her lips.