~Chapter 2~

3rd POV

     Poe groans and wakes up to see the hanger blown up with orange and red. BB-8 is attaching his head back to normal and Poe scrambles to his legs, only to fall back down. The doors shut close and he bangs on them hard to try and open them up.

     "Y/N!!! No!!!" he shouts and starts to feel tears stinging in his eyes.

     "Poe! Are you alright?" Finn says, coming to his side.

     "Y/N! She's in there! We have to get her!" Poe shouts.

     "There's nothing we can do with these doors closed! Once we get out of range or the shields are completely up, we can find her, but not right now!" Finn explains.

     "Then we need to get out of range of those Star Destroyers!" Poe yells.

     "We need to what?" Admiral Ackbar asks.

     "Full engines ahead!" Leia shouts. "Get out of range of the Star Destroyers and the fighters will fall back!"

     "All craft! Full engines! Concentrate rear shields" Ackbar commands. The star destroyers keep shooting at the cruiser but fail when they realize the shields are up.

     Kylo Ren and his troops fly close to the cruiser, firing at it in the process. Ren flies near the cruiser where Leia stands and the force connects the two. Ren is in range to shoot at the part where the shields weren't up just yet, but his mother stands in that area. He hesitates, placing his thumbs on the trigger, but slowly taking them off. The two TIE-Fighters aiding him, shoot at the area and space breaks out.

     Leia falls forward and then shoots out into space. Ren flies around the cruiser to try and spot his mother but is interrupted by General Hux.

     "Ren, the resistance is pulled out of range, we can't cover you at this distance, return to the fleet!" He orders and Kylo Ren grunts. He pulls back his ship.

     "What is the point of all this if we can't blow up three tiny cruisers!" Hux questions back at the fleet.

     "They can't lose us but they can keep it out of range where our canons are only effective against their shield," A Lieutenant states.

     "Well, keep up the barrage, let's at least remind them we're still here," General Hux demands.

     "Very good sir."

     "They won't last long burning fuel like this, it's just a matter of time," Hux states.

     Back at the explosion, the cruiser is still in one piece but Leia's body is floating in space. Her hand starts to twitch and soon moves as she opens her eyes and uses the force to bring her back to the Cruiser's entrance. She passes by all the debris and debris of the control room, and to the door. Poe, Lieutenant Connix, and Finn meet her there in the room and medics take her to the emergency room as fast as they can. Leia's hand is carrying the light beacon for Rey, but it drops. Finn finds it on the floor and takes it, holding onto it.

Poe's POV

     I follow Leia's stretcher to the Medic room and help the other people out. After a while, she is finally placed to rest on one of the medic beds and I walk around the medical bay. I'm holding onto the ring necklace in my hand, thinking about Y/N. I need to go in there and help her out.

     "Poe Dameron?" Lieutenant Connix asks. I look towards her and nod my head.

     "Someone is requesting to see you," She states. I follow her to a room in the medical bay and she opens the door. I walk in, confused, but recognize the person on the bed.

     "Y/N?! Is that you?!" I mumble. The familiar girl is sitting upright, facing me.

     "Hey flyboy," She smiles. I embrace her in a hug.

     "How did you escape the hanger?" I ask her.

     "When the shields were fully covered up, some of the other pilots and Lieutenant Connix helped me and some other pilots, that were alive, out of there and into the Medical Bay," She explains. She had bandaids almost wrapped around her entire body.

     "Are you ok?" I ask her.

     "Oh sure, just a few fractured bones in my arms, cuts on my legs, then this one cut on my eye," She points out.

     "How did you get the cuts?" I question. I'm not surprised about the fractured bones but cuts sound kinda impossible.

     "I fell on my side when the explosion happened and my lightsaber turned on from the impact. It cut through my belt down to my leg and then up to my right eye," She explains. "Gotta love duel sabers."

     She smiles, laughing to herself. It's hard to believe she's smiling throughout all this pain. She slowly gets out of her bed but I stop her.

     "You need to rest!" I place her back down.

     "My legs have cuts, not broken," She states, pushing me away gently and getting up easily. "Besides, I'm not tired, screw rest."

     There's a cast on her right arm and bandages on her left one.

     "There's a meeting being held about Leia Organa," I tell her, helping her out.

     "Leia? What happened," She asks, seriously.

     "She was in the control room when the place blew up, she was saved though, don't worry," I assure her. She sits down on the medical bed, not knowing what to do.

Y/N's POV

     I start to unwrap the bandages on my legs and take off the patch on my right eye.

     "What the hell are you doing? You need these to heal!" I shut him up and place my hand on my eye.

     I clear my mind and think of the force flowing through me. The peace, the serenity, the dark, and the brutal. Life growing and death decaying. The cut starts to heal itself. I do the same with the cuts on my leg and they go through the same process.

     "H-How did you do that?" He asks.

     "My Master taught me that when I was in training. I was kinda the top student," I brag to him. "He told me I can heal any injuries of mine or others with the force. It takes years of practice and I'm only able to do cuts. It's just transferring energy really, to speed the process of healing," I explain to him.

     "Huh," he stands there, flabbergasted.

     "I'll sadly have to keep this on for a couple of days," I point to the cast on my arm. "They put some shots on it to help heal it faster so I'll be good as new in no time."

     "Well at least you're not in critical condition, especially since your lightsaber went off," Poe breathes a sigh of relief.

     "So you said there's a meeting, right?" I recall, Poe nods. "Let's go then."