~Chapter 4~

"Hey, Y/N?" Poe asks.

    "Yeah?" I answer.

     "Will you go out with me?" Poe smirks. I shake my head.

     "Poe I've told you this before, it's against the Jedi code-," he cuts me off.

     "But you're not a Jedi... are you?" Poe questions, walking closer to me.

     "I-I'm a Padawan," I declare.

     "But you're training isn't complete and you weren't officially ranked as a Jedi," Poe explains. Fuck, he has a point, I think.

     He pulls me closer to him and kisses me softly.

     "Also, I heard somewhere that a Jedi fell in love with a woman. It's not like you're the first one," Poe laughs.

     "That same Jedi also went to the dark side, almost killed his lover and kids, and went on seeking to destroy the galaxy," I finish his story.

     He leans in to kiss me again but I stop him this time.

     "Not now flyboy, we are in desperate measures at the moment," I smirk and walk away leaving him with a frown.

     "Do you wanna go somewhere?" Poe asks me.

     "We have to stay here until we get a call from Finn and Rose," I reply.

     "But they said they landed on the planet about five minutes ago," Poe defends.

     "You know when we first met you never told me anything about you, I've kind of just assumed a lot of things," Poe tells me. "So what's your story Y/N?"

     "Ah, let's see. The first thing I remember is being dropped off in the care of Luke by some lady, I'm not sure who she was but she definitely wasn't my mother. Everything before that event I'm not sure of. For fifteen years I was with Luke in the school for the next generation of Jedi. I knew Ben, or Kylo Ren as he calls himself now," I begin.

     "Did you know back then? The monster he is?" Poe butts in.

     "All I knew was that he was confused. He had a tendency to want more. One night we were sparring and he asked me if it was possible that the good side is bad, and the bad side is good. I guess I gave him a bad answer 'cause he stormed off. That same night I woke up to smoke, everything was destroyed. The huts, my friends and companions, the temple," I remember the night vividly in my head.

     Poe listens to me carefully, and I appreciate him not asking any questions while I reminisce.

     "I found Master Luke under a pile of rubble that used to be Ren's hut. I helped him out, and he told me to escape. He said I was the last padawan..."

     I lean back on the chair I somehow find myself sitting in, continuing.

     "I took an escape pod and crash-landed on Jakku. Rey rescued me and that's how we met. For the next fourteen years, it was the same: scavenge, trade, eat, sleep, repeat. It was boring, and I would've rather preferred to have stayed with Luke. Possibly be killed by Ren, because I didn't know what I was doing with my life. Then you came," I look up to Poe, who looks down, smiling at himself.

     "When I had the breakdown, flashes of memories filled my brain, and my emotions weren't controlled by me. It showed me things I never knew. Memories of my mother being killed, me being stripped away from her grasp and taken away, the sorrow and blame on Luke's face, and the need for help in Ben whenever I was with him," I remember the panic attack I had. "Sometimes I wonder if I had a part in his new name."

     "Y/N, I hope you know none of this is your fault," Poe comforts me.

     "Yeah, I know, but sometimes I wonder," I shrug. "The memory I had at the battle of Takodana, was one of my mother holding me. My father came into the room and I couldn't see his face."

     "You don't know who your father is?" Poe asks. "Didn't Luke tell you who he is?"

     "I never asked him, so he never told me. Besides, my mother died before I could ask her, and whoever dropped me off with Luke never told me either," I inform him.

     Suddenly, we get distracted by more blasts coming toward us. We run over to the window and I check the fuel on the hologram table.

     "We're running low on fuel, and we are losing it, fast. What are we supposed to do?" I ask him.

     "I don't know... Finn, Rose where are you guys?" He mumbles the last part. I walk up to him and lay my hand on his shoulder.

     "They got this, they would never let us down. It's not like they got arrested or anything," I state. He nods his head, believing in me. I see him messing around with a necklace around his neck.

     "What's that?" I question, grabbing his hands and pulling them away. I look at his necklace, closely.

     "It was my mother's wedding ring. I'm hoping one day I can find the right person," He says, smiling down at me. I blush but cover it by looking at the ring.

     "It's beautiful," I compliment.

     "Yeah, it sure is," still not taking his gaze off of me.

     "You know it's funny, I have a necklace given to me by my mother as well," I tell him, letting go of his necklace and pulling out mine. "See?"

     "Well, that just proves how compatible we are," Poe jokes.

     "Yeah, sure," I laugh at him, stuffing the necklace back into my shirt. "We should go see what Vice Admiral Holdo is doing."

     He nods and we exit the room to walk over to where she is. The hallway is empty and quiet.

     "So flyboy, what's your story? I told you mine," I ask him.

     Poe laughs and starts talking, "Might as well start from the beginning. I was born on Yavin 4. My folks, Shara Bey and Kes Dameron were enlisted in the Rebellion, which obviously kept them very busy. I spent my formative years with my grandfather... and then when I was...six, I think? My mother took me up in her A-wing. When I was eight years old, my mother died unexpectedly. L'ulo L'ampar helped raise me when she died and he was great. Later on I... well... uh..." Poe stutters.

     "What is it?" I ask him.

     "I was a part of this group that was called "The Spice Runners of Kijimi..." he rubs the back of his neck, embarrassed.

     "I never knew that the great Resistance pilot was a spice runner beforehand," I start to laugh.

     "Haha, I know it's very funny," He states sarcastically but joins me in laughing. After a while, I beg him to continue.

     "Eventually, I became a pilot myself and joined the New Republic Defense Fleet. Upon entering the New Republic's service, I was to be trained by the legendary pilot and Rebel veteran, Wedge Antilles, and was considered to be one of Antilles' best students. I also began to learn the true scope of my mother's heroism, and I rose through the ranks, becoming a commander for the New Republic, and earned the reputation of being extremely skilled," Poe brags. "After a while, I was placed into General Organa's station, er, base, and became a pilot for her. After many years of being in battle and then going after Lor San Tekka, I run into you, and begin a very interesting mission involving your Master and an old friend of yours."

     "Wow, very interesting," I tell him and Poe laughs.

     We end up in front of the doorway where Vice Admiral Holdo set her office.