017

TRUTH BE TOLD ALAÏA couldn't kill Thanos. For one, she knew her body wouldn't last if she went up against him again. Second, her suit was destroyed meaning it took her couple of days for her to get a new one. Finally, Steve kept an eye on her, so she wouldn't sneak off to go anywhere.

It's been twenty-two days since the snap and it hasn't truly hit Alaïa yet that the people that she cherished so much—are gone.

It was dark, and Alaïa was in her room cleaning her closet to get rid of some clothes to give up for donations. Seeing a box that caught her eye, she opened the box to have a bunch of pictures inside of it. Alaïa remembered that these were the photos that hung in her wall but she took them down after the whole Accord situation.

She sat on the floor and went through the photos. Alaïa softly smiled seeing the people she considered family smiling on a piece of paper. She noticed some photos taken more recently were in this box too. Alaïa set aside the old pictures and grabbed the new ones. 

Alaïa softly smiled and felt her heart ache when she saw all the new photos were mainly Peter, Tony, and Rhodey. One picture caught her wondering eyes when she saw a picture of her and Peter asleep on her bed during a movie.

Flipping the picture over she saw Tony's writing stating 'only friends huh?' She chuckled and flipped it over to admire Peter. Alaïa reached up to her neck like in the picture to feel the necklace that Peter gave her years ago. 

This is the only thing Alaïa has left of Peter.

She took a deep breath, and finally stood up placing her photo box back in her closet where it was before. Alaïa glanced around her room to find it a mess with clothes. Her hands went through her hair starting to get overwhelmed with the mess that she had created. Alaïa decided that she needed a break from being in her room all day, and headed to the kitchen. 

Walking into the kitchen, she saw Natasha finishing making a peanut and jelly sandwich. Natasha gave Alaïa a warm smile and offered to make her a sandwich in which Alaïa nodded with a smile.

"You know, it was the first time I flew with my new suit yesterday." Alaïa started as she sat on the bar stools facing Natasha.

"Really? And how was that?" Natasha asked giving up her original sandwich for Alaïa, and started to make her own.

"It felt weird," Alaïa answered truthfully as she bit into her sandwich. Alaïa finished what she had in her mouth and continued to speak. "It's weird when usually my best friend is swinging a few feet from me."

Natasha finished making her sandwich and glanced at Alaïa who continued to eat her sandwich. "You are talking about you and Peter?" Natasha asked.

Alaïa nodded making Natasha softly smile hearing that.

"Best friend? After all these years, you guys are still best friends." Natasha said.

Alaïa stood quiet and continued to eat her sandwich making Natasha narrow her eyes at the teen. "Alaïa," Natasha started with a smirk. "Did something happen between you too."

Alaïa nodded and immediately remembered what had happened on Titan, and how both of them admitted to having feelings for each other. Alaïa remembered kissing Peter; she would do anything just to go back to spend more time with him.

"We just talked, that's it." Alaïa said, taking another bite of her sandwich.

Natasha jokely scoffed at her answer, "I know there's more to the story."

"Fine," Alaïa gave in. "We kissed twice on Titian." Alaïa spoke feeling butterflies in her stomach when she thought of Peter.

"There it is," Natasha smiled when she heard that. "So what are you guys' now? Boyfriend and girlfriend?"