t

Two weeks later. One plane to South Korea. Day one of freedom.

Today was the day BTS could take Aylin home.

In a wheelchair.

The fall from the house and the other things they did to her, completely ruined her legs. She's going to have to learn how to walk all over again.

The good news?

Aylin started to remember things again.

The bad news?

Well...

"Why can I-I-I remember?" Aylin thrashed in Namjoon's arms, tears soaked into both of their faces. The silence of 2 am shredded by the screams of Aylin awoken by her night terrors. "I don't w-w-w-want to re-rem-remember!" Namjoon was speechless. He didn't know what to say to this. How do you tell your daughter the bad guys are gone? She was hung by them! Of course she won't forget about them.

"Hey, hey." Jin opened the door and shut it immediately, sitting next to Namjoon and Aylin, Aylin going for Jin, leaving Namjoon and Bomi (the cat). "Aylin, hush now, it's okay. We are right here, we aren't going to leave you." Aylin's breaths became faster and faster, barely breathing at all. "Aylin! Listen to me. We love you so so much. With all of our hearts and much more. I need you to slow your breathing. Take slow, deep breaths. We are right here." Jin glanced up at Namjoon who had his head in his hands, feeling like a complete failure.

Why didn't he know what to say? He always knows what to say!

Jin held Namjoon's hand, smiling sadly.

"We love you." Jin said mainly to Namjoon, their eyes locked. But he also said it to Aylin, their strong, beautiful daughter who is so strong. Their daughter who won't be allowed to date until she's 40 years old. Their daughter who will always have a parent by her side. Their daughter who will never, ever, walk alone.

-------

"C-C-Can we go to to to, the park t-tt-today?" Aylin asked one day during breakfast, Jimin smiling and looking over at Yoongi.

"That's a great idea Sweetie." Jungkook ruffled her hair and she giggled, finally at ease again. But Hoseok had stiffened, Jin noticing immediately.

"Kidnappings happen at parks all the time." Hoseok spoke quickly to Jin as they did the dishes. "I, I can't lose her again." Jin closed his eyes. They were all still healing. He remembered the nights at the hospitals vividly, too vividly for comfort.

"There will be seven of us." Jin reassured, pausing the drying of the dishes. "And we can ask one or two of the security to come with us. No one unwanted will come near her." Hoseok looked down, ashamed of being so, scared. He's in his twenties. He needs to act like it.

It's hard when you have a daughter.

--------

"Aylin," Rose looked up and tapped Aylin's hand that was drawing a beautiful building. "Your dads are back." A smile grew upon Aylin's face as she turned around quickly, dropping her marker, Rose leaning back, a soft smile on her face too.

Rose, Hoseok's girlfriend loved helping out with Aylin. They've been dating for three years now, so the boys didn't fear of her leaving Hoseok and Aylin having to lose a 'mom'.

"Thanks Love." Hoseok pecked Rose's lips after he helped her up, Rose leaning against Hoseok and watched Yoongi pull a coin from behind Aylin's ear. "We really appreciate it."

"Of course," Rose looked up at her beautiful boyfriend. "I love Aylin. I don't mind at all."

"I just feel bad." Hoseok adjusted his footing, Rose standing up straight now. "We are her fathers and have to keep getting babysitters, you know?"

"I know." Rose nodded and smiled as the boys laughed along with something Aylin said. "Every parent gets a babysitter though." Hoseok sighed and couldn't argue with her anymore. She had a point.

"Dad!" Aylin spoke to Hoseok now, holding up her picture of a man. "I-It's-s-s you!" Hoseok's heart melted as he knelt down in front of her wheelchair, taking the drawing into his hands, a heart for a smile on the drawing.

"I love it so much Baby." Hoseok hugged Aylin, closing his eyes and treasuring this moment. He hoped that she will always give her hugs no matter how old she is.

"Dad!" Aylin complained, pulling her purse onto her shoulder. "I have to go to this party!"

"I just want one hug before you go." Hoseok smiled sadly, standing in front of the door, Aylin 'trapped' inside. "Please?"

"Dad-" Aylin almost dismissed the 'silly' request. But when she looked into his eyes, she remembered all the nights he stayed up with her due to her nightmares. Her fingers drifted to her neck, grazing the scar the kidnappers left. She stepped forward and hugged her dad tightly, regretting that she was about to argue with him. "I love you Dad."

---------

One Year Later

(I don't want y'all to attack me for this time skip. It needed to happen plus there was really nothing else to write about her year five)

"Happy birthday dear Aylinnnn." Everyone took a deep breath at once. "Happy birthday to you!" Aylin laughed and blew out the candles, all six of them.

"You're so old!" Yoongi sighed, taking one last picture of his beautiful girl. "Stop growing!"

"Oh Dad." Aylin smiled and took a bite of her cake. "I'm a big girl!" And she sure was. She could walk now, with a cane. And her stutter? Only when she was nervous or flustered. She went to therapy for that and her epilepsy which the medicine greatly helped with. Aylin had grown up so much with the help of hundreds. Well, a million counting ARMY of course. Everyone played such a huge part in this journey.

What will this new year bring?