62.

Wedding Night

YAN Gen was still munching on another delicacy when Baihe rushed to him and seize it from his hands. “Quick, Xiaojie, his highness is on the way”

       Meigui immediately picked up the hair ornaments on the bedside table to put it back in his hair while Baihe worked on his face. She wiped away the crumbs on his cheeks and clothes and pulled out a paper lipstick to put between his lips “Pursed your lips young miss, your lipstick was already wiped away” She sounded so commanding, Yan Gen unconsciously did as told. She then slapped his face with a white powder, he has to close his eyes from getting some of it in his eyes.

       He winced at Meigui's pulling on his hair as she put back the hair ornaments in his hair. If Yan Gen didn't knew any better, he would think that they're deliberately hurting him. These girls are so flustered at the prince's arrival. They think that if the fifth prince saw their mistress in this state, he'll be turned off at her bizarre behavior. Their mistress will become pitiful if the fifth prince won't favor her in the future.

       “Baihe, we must not address our mistress as Xiaojie anymore, she's a wangfei now (Princess Consort). A slip of tongue will be disadvantageous to us, the servants at the prince's residence will surely laugh at us and that will reflect with Wangfei's reputation, we are her personal maidservants so we must act smartly” Baihe agreed with Meigui's words. “We should practice outside Meigui-jie”

       Right before the door opened, Baihe draped over the red veil on Yan Gen's head, covering his face. Both of them bowed and walked out of the bridal chamber. His maids have nimble hands hence there's nothing out of place, except that there are a few golden ornaments missing in his hair. There were just too many of them, his maid wasn't able to put them all back. Some of the hair ornaments were hidden inside the bedside table.

       Zhu Mingli came closer to him, Yan Gen caught sight of his shoes and the tip of his clothes. He's similarly wearing a red garment for the occasion. The hands holding his veil are trembling, Yan Gen noticed.

        He can probably feel my boiling anger.

       He slowly lifted the veil off his face and Yan Gen's stunning beauty came into view. There was a red flower drawn between his thin dark, and delicate eyebrows. Zhu Mingli's eyes traveled down. Mesmerizing bright eyes and delectable red lips. He has yet to get enough from staring at him when a small fist came rushing straight to his face.

       Zhu Mingli readily catched his fist, somewhat expecting it, an intimate smile plastered on his face. Yes, he had expected this and he made sure that his endurance level both physically and emotionally are at its highest level. He has to be patient for his wife since they have to share their lives with each other from now on. The word ‘wife’ made him chuckle in delight despite his wife's reaction upon seeing him.

       That's right, this person is now his. She belongs to him. He leaned closer to her, whispering “Behave yourself wife, the match maker is here with us. The wedding ceremony is yet to be over”

        Yan Gen grits his teeth and clenched his fists. He took a deep breath, trying to control his flaring temper. After this... the prince wouldn't go away. He can have him all to himself and he could beat the shit out of him. Thinking like this, he obediently followed what the match maker told him to do. When they were done exchanging cups of nuptial wine, the match maker bid them goodbye, wishing them happiness and ever lasting love.

       When they're left alone once again, Yan Gen didn't hesitate to jumped on Zhu Mingli. Making him fall on the bed on his back. No, not the kind of jump you would think in a wedding night. He threw punches at him and Zhu Mingli let him physically abuse him except for his face. For a man who had been practicing martial arts, how much damage will a weak young girl can cause?

        “The people will surely be suspicious if they saw my bruised and scratched face, by then, you'll be the person in question” he told him. Yan Gen didn't completely believe him, who knows? he might just not want a damage on his handsome face.

       Not much time passed and Yan Gen's energy was drained out of him. Still, he kept on hitting him in hopes of letting out all of his frustration. His punches a while ago is similar to a kid's, now it was like a kitten's, minus the claws. Yan Gen started cursing him later on.

      “You damn bastard. You arrogant, selfish of a prince. I ought to kill you, chopped your body, and feed it to the dogs! How dare you ask for my hand in marriage without my permission? Just because I like you once before, doesn't mean that I will like you forever. Who are you to deny me my freedom? You're just a fictional character in a book. What right do you have to control me?”

        Yes, he also expected these kinds of words from him, however he didn't understand Yan Gen's last two sentences.

        “Lan-er, what are you talking about? It's not like I...” Zhu Mingli's mind was thrown into chaos when he reached his hand out and touched Yan Gen's wet cheek. He was shocked to find out that his wife is crying. Is marrying him that spiteful?

         “How could you ask for an imperial decree? You f*beep*” Yan Gen's head is resting on Zhu Mingli's chest after unsuccessfully beating him so he couldn't see his expression as well as his right hand holding a sharp hairpin closely to his chest. There was a murderous look on his eyes.

         If this arrogant prince think that he can have him simply for an imperial decree. He got it wrong, he's completely wrong.

I was fighting the urge to sleep while writing this so there might be a lot of typos and wrong grammars. It's already in the middle of the night here. I'm so sleepy, gotta go to bed now.

-Good night~

©Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)