Something That

Katsuki is oddly comfortable in the large tub, warm water and bubbles up to his chin as he watches Mirio wash Tamaki's hair on the other side. He's never had bath time with anyone else but Daddy but Mirio has done a good job of making him feel safe and comfortable.

"And you're sure that you're feeling a little better, Katsuki? If the water is too warm, we can get out of the tub. Just tell me if you start to get uncomfortable, okay sweetie?"

Ah, Maki's daddy is so nice to him~

Katsuki shakes his head and sinks lower into the bubbles as Mirio stands from where he's kneeling.

"Okay. I'm going to go get some nice, fluffy towels and something for you two lovebugs to wear and I'll be right back. You're okay with sharing your bath toys, Maki?"

The raven nods, flashing a shy smile in Katsuki's direction. Mirio reaches down to pat there heads before he leaves.

"Oi, Maki-chan?"

"Mm?"

"Does it make you sad to share your daddy with me?"

Tamaki pauses, eyes locked onto his feet as his toes curl and uncurl underneath the bubbles.

"I-I never thought of it that way but...if it's Kacchan then I don't mind." He decides after a moment of gathering his thoughts. That soft smile spreads across his face again. "You always share with me, Kacchan. Your toys and games. Your snacks. You even shared your nii-san with me. If it were someone else then...maybe I'd be sad. But I'll always share with you!"

Katsuki can feel the heat of flattery clawing it's way up his neck, blushing up to the tips of his ears.

"R-Really?"

Tamaki's smile widens and he nods in affirmation.

"Mhm! Kacchan is my friend, after all." He adds matter-of-factly and Katsuki feels his heart skip a beat, reaching out to take Maki's hands in the palm of his own. It startles the older boy but he doesn't pull away, enamored with the determination sparkling in Katsuki's eyes.

"Maki-chan!"

"M-Mhm?"

"D-Do you l-love me, Maki-chan?"

#

Tamaki's reaction is every bit as cute as Mirio had expected to be, his cute and innocent little face burning cherry red as Katsuki's question finally processes in that nervous little head of his. He was trying his best not to laugh at his little sweetheart's expense but Katsuki's bluntness and Tamaki's shyness paired together never ceases to entertain him.

God, they're so cute together.

"I-I-I-I...u-u-um-"

"B-Because...i-if Maki-chan loves me then it means that we'll be friends forever, doesn't it? I want to be friends forever..."

Tamaki's tremors seem to calm at that, but his face grows twice as red and his lips are the slightest bit wobbly.

"K-Kacchan...wants to be my friend forever?"

Katsuki beams at Tamaki and squeezes his hands a bit tighter.

"And ever and ever!"

"You...you promise?"

Mirio's hand cluches at his heart. He's really trying to let them have their moment but he's unsure if his heart is strong enough to handle such unbridled sweetness.

He nearly collapses when Katsuki offers Tamaki his pinky. He and Shouto still do pinky promises? How could any two people be so adorable?

"Promise!"