• 30 •

Cecil decided to report the molestation case to Eri. Her teacher exploded on the spot, and hunted down the male student, and he was suspended.

He was also forced to write an apology letter to Eri. Moreover, he was banned from the sword expedition and any tournament until next year.

The principal was clearly enraged.

Eri seeked out Hana, wanting to hear the victim's thoughts. However, with Hana's simple mind, she forgot about such an incident. She simply agreed with whatever punishments Eri had listed out, strolling out of the room happily after that.

Hence, two peaceful weeks passed by just like that. The break arrived and most of the students eagerly packed, boarding the carriages to send them to their hometown.

Hana settled beside Cecil, chatting animatedly once again. Cecil smiled and nodded along to Hana's words, and sometimes contributing her own thoughts. Whereas, for Xue, sometimes, he joined the conversation between them, smiling at Hana and his expression weren't as hostile as before when he looked at Cecil.

It was no longer glares, confused or disdainful stares.

It was somewhere between indifference and affection.

Unfortunately, Cecil was too dejected to even notice such a change.

She remembered that the first time they rode this carriage, there was an extra presence. Her eyes drifted to the empty space beside Xue from time to time.

A trace of sadness flitted past her eyes without fail every single time.

Xue, who seemed indifferent as he stared out the window of the carriage, noticed her sorrowful glances to the space beside him.

***

Hana moaned as she stretched her body, and Cecil did the same, only making small grunts. Xue massaged his neck and shoulders, grimacing.

The gates to the mansion opened, and a group of servants along with parents from both sides immediately greeted the three of them.

"You are back, young mistress!"

"Oh welcome back, my sweet darling. It must have been hard on you, come let mother..."

"How was your training? How did the academy treat you? Does your father need to know about any boys?"

"You must be so tired!"

They were guided inside the mansion hastily, with concerned words and actions, along with servants fussing over them.

"Thank you very much, young man."

"We appreciate your help, sir."

"The young mistresses have been in very good care, we would like to thank you..."

"I can't thank you enough for taking good care of my daughter!"

Meanwhile, Xue was barraged by the gratitude of the parents and servants for taking good care of the ladies. Xue smiled uncomfortably, and Cecil was amused by that exchange.

"Cecil, how's your dancing? And how is the outfit?"

"I'm sorry, mother. I have been practicing in my spare time, but I hadn't had the chance to try on the dancing outfit."

"Let me see your progress, you could wear the outfit at the same time."

"Yes, mother."

They were having a tea break, and Cecil smiled at her mother, bringing the teacup to her lips as she sipped it. Her smile gradually faded, replaced by a dazed look in her eyes.