Xu Qiang - 1.17

When Xu Qiang passed away, a lot of people's lives changed. Wang Yong was miserable, trying to get away from He Mingyu.

Alas, He Mingyu didn't care, all of Wang Yong's investments in his projects flopped, the investors pulled out of the contract, and his company essentially became bankrupt.

This was not good news for both Ye Ping and Wang Yong. He Mingyu knew that she was the one who poisoned Xu Qiang, but he couldn't harm her because she was pregnant. However, things weren't going to go well for her either.

When Ye Ping gave birth, the baby was a still-born. Ye Ping was terrified at what He Mingyu would do to her. He Mingyu started by slowly stripping away the Wang family's power, making them suffer like Xu Qiang did.

He made sure that the cheating pair didn't get a chance to breathe properly.

Ye Ping was resorted to working as a janitor in a very sketchy bar, since that's the only job she could find. After only a few months of work however, she was killed because she angered the wrong person.

Wang Yong and his family were out on the streets because after investigating, He Mingyu found out that Wang Yong's parents knew about their son's affair but didn't tell Xu Qiang.

The boys were all extremely heartbroken at the loss of their jiejie. They remembered her last words to them and they stayed true to it.

They made her proud by excelling in all their exams and later in life, starting a company which raked in millions. They were all so grateful that Xu Qiang came into their life.

He Mingyu was conflicted. He never married anyone after Xu Qiang died. He did his work all day, and at night he would see her in his dreams, occasionally.

In his dream, a beautiful person was telling him to shut up as she smiled brightly at him. Instead of grinding his teeth, this time, He Mingyu had a tiny smile.

Hope you're doing well, Xu Qiang.

...

Here's the aftermath for Xu Qiang! I'll be starting the next arc soon!