Chapter 51

I'm so sorry for the very long delay guys. I hope this chapter makes it all up to you. Have a nice day!

Richard's POV

The amount of moments I have in my life where I could truly say I'm in peace, can be counted only in one hand.

Every time my parents took me to our vacation house situated in a mountain brings me peace.

The quiet solitude offered by the school library every evening I go there to read some books or simply contemplate.

And....

The time when that woman isn't around our home.. pestering me.

It's been a few days since Axl made that controversial topic just to appease his whim.

At first, I was quite adamant about it.

Even though I never saw her in a pleasing way, she still deserved some privacy and as her fiancé, I could respect that.

But...

I guess I really wanted to test how far can she prove herself to be suitable enough as the Henney's future lady.

No matter how influential her family is, it still can't amount to our power as well as Axl's connections.

True enough, I still haven't heard any news from her ever since that day...well I never wanted to listen to her excuses anyway so I deliberately didn't answer her calls.

She was caught in the embrace of another man.

I don't know why, but thinking about it irritates me a lot.

Anyway, since she I haven't seen her face for quite some time now, I could say I am truly delighted.

For once, I enjoyed the thought of simply being inside our home without having to please her in some idle chitchat.

While spending this peaceful time in my room, a servant ordered me to meet grandfather.

What is it this time?

Is it related to Laeticia again?

As expected...as soon as I entered his office those condemning words greeted me.

"Why aren't you trying to help your fiancée?" Grandpa said.

"If this is what you called me for, them I'm taking my leave." I said coldly and proceeded to exit the room.

"Sit down. Richard."

I recognize that voice. It's the tone he uses whenever he isn't pleased and won't take a no for an answer.

I remember it very well since he usually used that tone to me when I was still a child whenever he disciplines me.

I coldly looked back at him.

After some time of staring with each other, he finally sighed.

"Listen..haah..why do you hate her that much? I know Axl informed you beforehand of what he'll do. Why didn't you stop him?" He said to me while rubbing his temples.

"Finally took you some time to ask me what I think about her." I sarcastically answered as I took my seat in front of his table.

"I kept a blind eye. I hoped that you'll change. These days, I thought you started showing some interest in her so what happened?" He asked.

I didn't answer. There's nothing to say since I wasn't really interested in her. I was just faking it anyway.

"Do you like to break your engagement with her?" He seriously told me.

I almost blurted out a YES.

Thankfully I held back....

I am well aware that even though their wealth won't be a threat to us, this engagement has brought a lot of merits to our business. In terms of family background, she's a lady passable enough to stand beside me.

But I wanted to know why Grandpa kept on insisting to continue this farce, even though that old hag, who used to be that woman's grandfather who's responsible for bringing up this engagement, has long been dead.

So instead of answering him, I tried to ask him.

" Why do you like her so much? " There are a lot of other girls out there that are more suitable for me. I didn't say the last part since I know the old man already knows what I wanted to ask.

He looked at me...then for a moment, I noticed how he went into a daze.

It took him some time to answer me.

I see..so you really like her that much that you can't even use the excuse of making our business grow? Normally you always emphasize the important of making connections to people for our business.

So it was like that...

Before he could answer, I spoke first.

" No need. I'll try to see how far I can go with her." I said as I stood up and started exiting his room.

I didn't see his face...I don't need to..after all, he is probably very happy.

" If she ever asked you about something, tell her that it was you who solved it." He hurriedly said.

I stopped and looked at him puzzedly.

"Remember it!" He emphasized again.

I shrugged my shoulders and left his room.

I am glad he didn't try to think too much about my response to him about Laeticia.

It was incomplete after all.

No need. I'll try to see how far I can go with her. Is what I said..

But what I really meant is I would like to see how she struggles to cling to me, how capable she is and how far can I go before I break her.

I would like to see what is it that you have seen in that woman...

 That you always praise more than me.

A/N:

So I was very  busy for a month lol. I am very sorry for the delay AAAA..Thank you for all the beautiful people who kept on supporting this novel T^T I'm very thankful so I'll try to stack some chapters from here on out :D