16

mr kim was yanked away from the petite little as though he was nothing.

"what do you think you're doing?!" jeongguk exclaimed, anger practically radiating from his body.

yoongi sobbed harder and watched as jeongguk's fist collided with his teacher's face, sending the old man to the ground.

yoongi felt himself get dragged away with a tight grip on his wrist, yet he made no effort to pry away from the younger; instead, yoongi shuffled closer to his saviour, clutching his baggy white shirt tightly.

jeongguk made his way into the school bathrooms. he looked at yoongi's tearful face and wiped away each diamond tear with a gentle brush of his thumb.

"shh... it's okay now baby. gukkie's got you," jeongguk whispered, kissing yoongi's rosy cheek lightly. yoongi only sniffled and let out small hiccups as he reminisced the frightful event he'd just experienced.

"it's all over now, baby. calm down," jeongguk soothed as he pulled yoongi into his strong, warm embrace.

it took almost 30 minutes for Yoongi's wails to reduce themselves into small, almost silent sniffles. jeongguk was cradling yoongi at that point, rocking the small boy gently as he pressed butterfly kisses along his temple.

"my little boy was so brave, that man was a big meanie! gukkie would have been so scared! but my baby was a big brave boy, wasn't he?"

yoongi giggled at jeongguk's words, smiling slightly. "'m a brave boy," he repeated quietly. "yep! yoongi's a very brave boy,"

a few more moments of heartwarming praises and soft giggles went by until yoongi began to look around the bathroom, almost as if he was looking for something or someone in particular.

"gukkie... where's daddy?" yoongi asked with a slight pout. jeongguk had to resist the urge to coo out loud because yoongi looked too cute with rosy cheeks and his pink pouty lips.

"daddy?" he questioned, his heart clenching at the thought of someone else having claimed the precious boy before him.

"mhm," yoongi answered as his thumb made its way to his mouth. "who's your daddy, baby?" jeongguk asked spitefully.

yoongi giggled as though jeongguk's question was stupid and that actually hurt. how was he supposed to know? "seokjinnie! seokjinnie's my daddy!"

jeongguk only chuckled and rubbed the little's back. "daddy's in a class right now, little one. you can stay with gukkie until it's over, okay?"

yoongi huffed but smiled at the thought of spending some time with one of his other caregivers, even though it wasn't his main one.

"can we... uh... watch cartoons? please, gukkie! please!" yoongi pleaded, lips pouting as he made puppy dog eyes at the younger.

jeongguk chuckled once more and nodded. "of course, yoon! what do you wanna watch?" the boy asked and sent yoongi into a spiral of thoughts as he tried to think of his favourite cartoon.

"um... p-panda?" yoongi mumbled, biting the tips of his fingers as he tried to think of the name of the show. "an' hedgehog too... but... uh... yoonie don' know what its called," he confessed with a sad pout.

luckily for him, jeongguk was quick to gather that yoongi wanted to watch the littlest pet shop.

he sat them down on the floor, leaning against the wall as yoongi's head rested on his shoulder. yoongi sucked his thumb as he watched jeongguk fiddle with his phone before he finally saw the familiar characters of his favourite show.