Chapter 27 : Who in the hell could you be?

*[Louis POV]*

"Yeah, we can't go out for a while... yeah I'll track it down now worries.. Yes, he'll be safe.. okay.." The phone beeped and I hung up quickly as Harry approached the doorway. Before he knocked, I quickly grabbed a book about marketing, and looked intently into the pages, re-reading the material I already ever-since I was a boy. His knock came off as light, but somehow demanding in a way. He's definitely going to ask me about what happened yesterday, I can feel it in my bones.

"Yeah?" I called out feigning not knowing who it was. "It's me... Harry." he shifted from both feet. Yep, he's a bit terrified too.. great.. just great.. "Oh Harry, come in.." I displayed a smile as I looked up at the door that opened revealing his chocolate curls. I placed my book gently down, and beckoned for him to sit down in one of the chairs. "So what can I do for you Haz?" My smile widened sheepishly as he fidgeted in his seat, and chewing on the insides of his cheeks.

"You said you wouldn't lie to me right?" he asked without looking up. I slowly nodded already knowing what's going to be asked next. "O-okay then.." he nodded to himself, as his head rose up, and his green-emerald eyes meeting my blue ones. "T-then... tell me what ... h-happened yesterday.." his voice came out as shaky while his eyes held a bit of hope, and curiousity. I looked at him absent-mindedly, and leaned back on my chair while stretching, and looking up the ceiling. "Are you sure you want to know the truth?" I asked while I met his eyes again.

"Y-yes.." he sat straight up. "We're friends.. were supposed to discuss these things... and--" "You were targetted." I simply said while drink a cup of tea. "What?" he asked as he gripped on his knees. "Didn't you hear me? I said you were targetted. I told you to go in, cause I simply felt... I don't know, usually speeding metals don't come straight into people." I shrugged while his eyes pleaded me to say that I was kidding. "B-but.. that's impossible.. I didn't.. I didn't do anything." he whispered silently.

God.. please help me.. I didn't want him to feel this way.. If only he were mine...  "If.. if you did see it coming, then h-how did you get dirty? I mean I saw your blazer, and it felt like you received some impact." At this time, I turned away not wanting for him to know the answer. He didn't need to know.. he didn't need to.. It's will probably just complicate things. "Lou? What happened?" he asked while standing up and heading in my direction.

I quickly texted one of them to come help me, and Niall came strutting in claiming that he needed Harry for something. Phew, nice save Nialler. When Harry nodded while sighing, he looked back at me and said. "I'm not leaving till you tell me." he huffed while crossing his arms. Crap, so he knew about my little get-away plan. "Harry let's just go, Liam needs you!" Niall insisted while tugging the boy out of the door. His gaze never left mine.. not even for a second. "Louis." he glared at me making me sigh..

He was almost out the door so I figured he wouldn't hear... "I got shot instead." I simply said while seating myself back down. His gasp seemed evident. "Shit." I swore while pounding my fist in my wooden desk.. He heard.

*{Harry POV}*

He got shot.. he got shot.. His voice was easy enough to hear. He got shot... instead of me.. what the bloody hell is going on?! Niall carried me down.. frowning, and stopping mid-way muttering something about he finally get's what Zayn said before, then carried me down anyway. A few more steps down, I told him to stop and that I'm fine with walking down, and he apologized for being weak and shorter. I'd laugh.. I'd seriously laugh, but It seems that's not the appropriate action right now.. I needed to talk to them.

When I got to the living room, they sat at the couch seriously thinking about things. When they laid their eyes on me, Liam patted the spot next to him, and so did Zayn. Niall sat beside Zayn, while I Liam. "So what's going on guys?" I asked feeling a hiccup go up my throat. They patted my back gently trying to ease me down. "So I guess you've heard what happened huh?" Zayn said breaking the silence.