5. The Hurricane

Khushi keenly observed the glass office, patches of red designs...
The transparent glass walls attracted her.

'Where is Seema?' - She heard one of the girl asking.
Her miniskirt and extra layers of makeup gave her an awkward look.

'Don't you know it yet? That Khadoos Mr. Perfectionist ASR fired her yesterday coz she misplaced a file. She is gone forever...'- The second girl replied cursing the giant names selfish ASR.

Khushi flinched.
Is the ASR some giant, as big as jupiter and his mind has a ring of saturn, of ego? Huh. Who fires their loyal employee just for misplacing a file.

Why the hell did she agree to join in a office, recommended by her Amma, when she herself asked help from her friend who Inturn took favour from her nephew!! It sounds like ewww...

She imagined him sitting like the statue of justice.
He definitely can't be Goddess of Justice.
He is a man after all.

'Hey Devi Maiyya, give me courage to tolerate the boss, edit that, the egoistic one sided arrogant boss' - She prayed.

She heard a footstep behind her and ran away, up the steps and into the cabin on top.
The footstep was nearing...

Khushi searched for a cupboard to hide inside.
Shit it's an open cabin with a table.

Table... Yes a table. Her leg took her in light speed and controlling her breath, she sat under the table chanting Devi Maiyya's name, closing her eyes.

The footstep faded away...
Did it?
And why is the whole office in graveyard silence now??

Did any Thanos entered the office and destroyed half of its people?
And then she heard a thundering sound, as if its not Thanos but Thor in the office, causing thunder.

'What the hell....!!!!!'
'Who the hell are you?? Come out right now. Come out damn it!!'

Khushi opened her left eye, removing the palm over it.

Her eyes shine..
'Arnavji!!' - She exclaimed as if finding a source of water in desert.

'Khushi!!' - Arnav Singh Raizada gawked unbelivably..
A virtual Khushi, A figment of his imagination?

He watched as she tried to come from under the table. Her head was about to hit the edge.

'Sambhalke, agar lag Jaata toh...' - His hand raised automatically to protect her head.

'Thank you Devi Maiyya...' - Khushi thanked happily once she came out safely.

'Excuse me!! I helped you not she'- He commented sarcastically.

'Haan.. I know. I am part of the same incident. But I am thanking Devi Maiyya as she helped me by bringing you here. You know the boss is so arrogant. Arre who fires their employee just for a missing file?' - Khushi said in a single breath.

Arnav had to think if he should thank his lord or cry over his fate.
Khushi is here, Khushi is in his office and not to forget her first impression on his character is of a bulldog.

First Impression... Naah, second one.
First one was that of the hospital.

'I think you are correct, let's escape from here, let's go to hospital and meet Nani... She is there for her checkup today. You didn't meet her that day' - Arnav helped her out, or may be tried to trap her.