10

Charlie let out an exasperated sigh of irritation as Oscar placed her into her new school uniform

The bleak black and grey ensemble held no colour at all, with a scratchy material that felt like Poison Ivy against her soft skin.

Okay, maybe the five-year-old was being a little dramatic, but it was really uncomfortable, the necktie choking her neck.

And it also looked like something a grumpy person would wear.

"You look absolutely adorable, love bug." Oscar grinned, readjusting her little pigtail braids so that they sat on either side of her shoulders.

"​I d​on't like it, though. It's itchy," Charlie mumbled, fidgeting a little.

The five-year-old was about to embark on her first day, an adventure that she wasn't quite ready for.

The little one was dreading her new kindergarten. From what Leo had told her, it was nothing like her old school/
St. Andrew's Kindergarten was a private school Leo had picked for Charlie.

He wanted his baby to have the best education possible, and St. Andrews was able to give her that from all the stunning reviews and hefty fees.

"You're fine, Bubba." Oscar smiled down at his little sister, giving her tummy a few pokes to take her mind off of her new school.

Charlie giggled in response and jumped away from her brother, only to be caught and brought into a big hug.

"How're you feeling, hmm? Excited?" Oscar guessed, rubbing his hand up and down her back soothingly.

Charlie shrugged, not knowing what to say.

If she was honest, she'd be happy staying at home and cuddling with her brothers, exploring their grand home a little more too.

But apparently, according to Leo, that wasn't realistic.

Whatever that meant.

Oscar sighed, placing a gentle kiss on the top of Charlie's little head, tightening his hold.
"You're going to be fine, sweet girl."

Charlie's big brown eyes widened at the sight of her new learning place.

It was huge!

Everything looked so new and modern.