Chapter 75

I couldn't believe how good this felt.

The wind whizzed through my fur- something I haven't felt in a long time. Even Sam's torture lair let me have some time and space to myself.

I guess the worst kind of torture for me was sacrificing my independence.

And I was restricted in that group. All-day every day.

Even during rest times, I had Zarine with me. Which wasn't the worst company but then again I preferred no company at all.

And what did I make these sacrifices for?

For backstabbing, idiotic, betrayers.

No, I shouldn't think about this now.

I should just enjoy the run. Or at least let Zian enjoy her freedom.

No, no please keep steaming. The rage is quite enjoyable. Especially since I haven't seen you so agitated for a while.

My wolf teased. That's rare.

Well, don't always expect it.

She rolled her eyes.

She actually sounded happy. I guess it just took me hearing her wishes. I did suppress her for so long. I shouldn't have.

I couldn't take a few weeks of it and she had to go through years of it thanks to Sam's relentless training.

Well, at least Zian and I have the next few days to ourselves. Just like old times.

My only concern was Zarine but I had left specific instructions for what to do if he had another one of his panic attacks.

If all went according to plan everything should be fine.

The only variable was my mate, and I hoped he didn't have any crazy ideas.

I saw the reluctance he had to let me go at night so I guess I should expect some outlandish behavior.

Stream ahoy!

My wolf growled in joy as she launched into a small stream. The water was cold and refreshing.

This was fun, it's been a while since I had fun with her like this. The amount of freedom brought such a difference to her demeanor.

I should let her out more.

Blaze POV

The next morning we all gathered in front of my cottage like yesterday.

Damn, I was dying to see her.

Even one night was becoming so difficult.

I am hoping it wouldn't be so bad once we are mated and secure in our relationship.

But something told me that wasn't going to happen with Xavier around.

Look who is talking.

He said rolling his eyes.

You should speak for yourself since you are so whipped.

Ok, maybe he had a point.

I did spend an unusual amount of time picking beach shorts and a t-shirt, all to impress her.

It was a bit embarrassing. I haven't done this before.

But even after everyone had arrived the person in question didn't show.

I frowned.

Where is she?

Raven and she were almost always the last to arrive. But that wasn't reassuring to my stupid heart.