Chapter 4

This chapter will probably be pretty short, but the next will make up for it. Thanks! (:

When Sophie glittered into existence and the first thing she heard was roaring. It was Verdi's feeding time. As much as Sophie adored her castle-like home with Keefe that they had named Turrentwoods, she missed the beautiful pastures of Havenfield.

"Mom, Dad!" Sophie called as she ran up to them with Keefe trying to catch up. She hugged both of them despite the Verdi slobber coating their clothes.

"Hey Sophie! Hi Keefe." Grady said. After years of hard work, Ro had finally convinced Grady to stop calling him That Boy. Ro was no longer Keefe's bodyguard after the Neverseen had been defeated, but she still hung around once in a while.

"Grady, come on!" Edaline said, pulling us into a hug.

"Mom, we have a gift for you guys." I gesture to the bag Keefe is holding, which contains the tunics Keefe insisted we buy.

"Maybe we should go inside," suggested Edaline. "We can finish feeding Verdi later."

They walked inside of Havenfield, and Sophie felt a cool wave of relief as she looked around. The main floor that had once been kept clean from any speck of dust now seemed lived. There were pictures of friends and family, gadgets, Keefe's art, books, and other touches strewn about. It wasn't messy, but it looked more like a home than it had before Sophie had come. It seemed so long ago that she had worried about Grady and Edaline adopting her. Now, she couldn't imagine a life without them.

"Here, sit down!" Keefe gestured to the couch nearby. He and Sophie each pulled an item out of the bag. Keefe gave Grady a bottle, and Sophie gave Edaline a diaper bag. The next thing they gave were tiny shoes and a pacifier. Grady looked around in confusion as Edaline's eyes welled up with tears. Finally, Sophie and Keefe handed them each a tunic that said 'World's Best Grandpa/Grandma'

"Sophie, you're..." Edaline started.

"Pregnant!" Sophie squealed. They hugged and Edaline jumped up and down. Grady just stood in shock.

"Grady, you're gong to be a grandpa!" Keefe explained to him.

A smile lit up Grady's face as he pulled Sophie into a hug. "I am so proud of you." He whispered.

Tell me what you think! Names of stuff (like Turrentwoods) is bound to change, but it's what I could think of. Tell me if you have any better suggestions! (: