↘︎ chapter thirty-five

35 | The Triwizard Tournament

"What is Death Eaters?" asked confused Harry Potter. Only half an hour ago, everything was over and now everyone was gathered around their tents. Marley Macmillan just looked at her brother, unable to pull the memory of the Dark Маrk from her head. According to Brielle Macmillan's stories, she knew the Mark didn't do any good.

"That's how Voldemort's supporters... uhm, You-Know-Who's supporters call themselves." corrected Marley as she saw the glances of the Weasley members. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had just explained their story of how they had found the house-elf Winky that Marley had met and now the story was all tied up in her head. Was it really Voldemort who had come back and had the Dark Mark released in the air to warn them?

"How'd you know that?" questioned Harry. "But it's not important that Voldemort... ugh, You-Know-Who is back, right? I mean--"

"It's pretty possible." Bill Weasley stepped into the conversation with dejected look on his face. "The last time wizards saw the Dark Mark was during the First Wizarding War with You-Know-Who."

"The Dark Lord and his followers sent the Dark Mark into the air whenever they killed. " said Arthur Weasley. "The terror it inspired... you have no idea, you're too young. Just picture coming home and finding the Dark Mark hovering over your house, and knowing what you're about to find inside... Everyone's worst fear... the very worst. So many people died during the First Wizarding War, Harry. Your and Marley's father... so many others. This time they probably came for muggles, I don't know."

"We shouldn't worry about it now." said Charlie. "I know it's stuck in our minds, but I propose to have some sleep and go in the morning with one of the early portkeys."

"Good idea, Charlie." admitted Arthur Weasley and smiled weakly to his son. "Go back in tents and have some sleep. You'll need it."

Mr. Weasley went into his tent, followed by the boys and the three girls entered their tent. Marley immediately threw herself on the bed and fell asleep. She would take care of her wounds in the morning.

So did she.

***

"Okay, so what do you think mom, dad, and absolutely all of us are hiding? What will happen at school so much?" Fred Weasley asked confusedly, as he and his twin George, Marley, Angelina Johnson and Lee Jordan made their way to the Gryffindor table. Very soon, the Start-of-term Feast and Sorting ceremony would start.

"I don't know. Let's hope Dumbledore will say it tonight." Marley shrugged as the group of friends sat down at the table and waited for professor McGonagall to come in the Great Hall with the first year students. Everyone was on the High Table, excluding McGonagall and Hagrid. Marley would like to ask her brother where Hagrid was, her Care of Magical Creatures teacher, but gave up. She was sure he'll come.

And so the doors of the Great Hall were opened, McGonagall came in with the students, and at the back was Hagrid walking without his leather coat. One boy, all wet, had dressed with it.

"Hey, Dennis, what happened?" asked Colin Creevy. She had heard from Harry that Colin's brother was going to attend Hogwarts this year and the annoying Creevy boy hoped his younger brother will be sorted in Gryffindor.

"I fell off my boat." replied Dennis with a big grin on his face. "The Giant Squid pushed me back."

The Sorting ceremony started, a lot of children passed and were sorted and Dennis Creevy's turn came. He put the Sorting Hat on his head and it sorted him into Gryffindor. His older brother Colin seemed so excited and happy. Marley was just starving and expecting the feast to start.