Part 17; A date?

Y/N POV
I'm waking up from my slumber with a headache. I gently put my hand onto my forehead before slowly sitting up in my bed. I carefully place my feet on the floor and walk downstairs to eat breakfast with my parents.
-Good morning Y/N! Dad greets me and I smile at him.
-Morning, I say.
-Did you sleep well? Asks mom.
-Yeah, I did. Woke up with a raging headache though, I say and lightly laugh. Damn crying...
-Well, it's just up and go, because you have work to do! Dad says and pats my shoulder before heading out.
-I'll see you in the great hall for dinner! Says mom who also heads out. I smile lightly after them before I finish my breakfast and slowly trudge towards the door. Suddenly I hear footsteps walking down the stairs and I turn around to face Snotlout.
-Woah! Missed your beauty sleep? He jokes and I scoff.
-What's wrong? He then asks.
-Stupid Lisa and Greta needs to talk about marriage and pressuring me to get married... And I wanted Eret to know there are others our age, but they were just being very uncomfortable towards us and I just had a meltdown and I began crying, and, and.... I say my breath getting raggedy and I just take a deep breath to control myself.
-Hey, ignore them, they're just seeking attention! They know you have a life better then theirs! Let. Them. Go... Snotlout says and puts his hands on my shoulder. I take a shaky breath and nod.
-yeah... yeah, you're right... I say and sniff. Snotlout pats my shoulder and smiles.
-C'mon, Eret can't move all those logs by himself! Snotlout says and practically pushes me out the door. Damn brothers...

I walk to where the logs were and I'm greeted by Eret, Skullcrusher and d/n.
-Hey. Feeling better? Eret smiles softly, making my knees want to buckle. I nod and smile back.
-Yeah... I say. Eret nods before securing the ropes to Skullcrushers saddle, me copying him on d/n's saddle.

We fly maybe two rounds with wood before we hear shouting just under us. There runs Lisa, trying to catch up to us.
-Eret! Eret! Y/N! Stop! She screams with a smile on her face. We land by the other piles of wood and she comes running towards us. I look away from her and try to help the dragon pushing the wood onto the net.
-There's a dragon race in the arena tomorrow, you wanna come watch with us? Lisa asks Eret excitedly.
-Uhmmm... Eret says unsure and looks at me. I try to muster up a smile. He could do whatever he wants... I'm not the boss of him...
-Actually... Y/N and I will watch the race together, Eret says and smiles at me. I feel myself smile and my face becomes red. I look away, pretending to tighten the ropes on d/n's saddle. But in reality... I was just really flustered...
-Oh... well... you two have fun. See ya around Eret! Y/N! Lisa says while walking away and letting us continue with our job.

We fly another round, and Eret seems awfully quiet.
-Hey... you ok there? I ask. Eret looks at me and chuckles.
-Yeah, I'm good. I'm just... I don't know...
Bored? Eret says as we land.
-Bored? Of me? I tease and Eret smirks at me.
-No, but this job. Ugh... Eret huffs. I don't really know what else to do. Well, except for maybe...
-Have you ever played 'never have I ever'? I ask. Eret looks intrigued.
-No, what's that? He asks.
-It's a game. Someone asks "never have I ever..." and something afterwards. Like "never have I ever flown a dragon". And if you have you have to say it truthfully, and if you haven't you just say you haven't, I explain. I can see how Eret's whole face lights up.
-You wanna give it a go? I ask.
-Yeah, sounds exciting, Eret says as we lift with a new set of wood.
-Ok... Never have I everrrr... stitched up my own, or someone else's wounds, I say.
-I haven't... I say and raise my hand slightly.
-I have, Eret smiles.
-Dragon hunting was a dangerous job, you needed to have that skill to survive, and boy was it a useful skill, Eret says. I shake my head and giggle.
-Ok, your turn, I say and nod at him.
-Alright. Never have I ever swung a battle ax at someone before, Eret says. I raise my eyebrow.
-Well, I know I definitely have, Eret laughs awkwardly before clenching his jaw slightly. He looks at me.
-I have... I say.
-Wait, really? Eret asks dumbfounded.
-Yeah, when you have an idiot of a brother like Snotlout, you have to protect him from a lot of bad people he offended, I says and Eret laughs.
-Your family is crazy! Eret laugh.
-Yeah, I know. That's why I love it, I smile as we land and finish today's job. We loosen the ropes around the saddles of our dragons and we lay it there on the ground.

The sky begins turning orange as we make our way towards the big hall to eat dinner with my family. I laugh at a joke Eret told me about dragon hunter's IQ as we enter the hall.
People are chatting away as me and Eret take our food and find my parents.
-Hi mom! Hi dad! I say as we take a seat in front of them.
-Hi honey! How was work? Mom asks. I smile.
-It was great! Eret even asked me to the dragon race tomorrow! I say and glance hopefully at Eret. Dad immediately look up and glares at Eret, but Eret only smiles happily.
-Yeah. I want to know what it is, and Y/N would be the perfect person to show me the ropes, Eret says. I nod a firm nod, making dad glare down in his bowl of food.
-Aw, that's nice! Isn't that nice Spitelout? Mom asks dad. Dad only grunts in response.
Mom, Eret and I eat and enjoy each other's company. Suddenly Hiccup and Astrid enters the hall and are moving towards the food.
-Would you excuse me for a moment? Eret asks and does a little jog to the middle of the hall.
-Is that his walk? He walks like a girl, dad scoffs and smirks to himself.
-Dad, I say cautiously. Dad shakes his head and continue on his food, still grinning. I look over at Eret.
'I wonder what he's saying...' I think, but return to my own food. Before I know it, Eret is back and is sitting next to me.
-Bye kids! See you at home later Y/N, ok? Mom says as her and dad leave the table. I nod. Then I smile at Eret.
-So, what did you and Hiccup talk about? I ask.
-Oh! Ummm.... Eret says, but quickly gets cut off by Astrids voice.

-Hi guys! Is the food good, cause it smells amazing! She says as her and Hiccup sit in mom and dads previous seats.
The rest of the gang joined us and we're talking about the dragon race.
-So Y/N. Made up your mind if you're participating in the dragon race tomorrow? Fishlegs asks. I shake my head.
-No, I'm not participating tomorrow. Eret and I are going so I can show him the ropes, I say proudly. Everyone awes at me, but I don't care.
I was going with Eret! To the dragon Race! TOMORROW!
Snotlout glares at him, just as dad did.
-Stop it, your face is gonna get stuck, I say to him. He just growls and puts his head in his hand and fiddle with the fork in the food.

-Actually, Y/N... I was wondering if you wanted to go with me... Eret says and I look at him, as well as the others.
-I am going with you? I laugh.
-No I mean like... you and me, He says and throws a glance towards Hiccup and then looks back at me.
-You mean like a... a date? I ask hopefully.
-Yeah... Yeah, like a-like a date, he says unsure. I smile and grab my stuff.
-It's a date then, I smile and stand up and leave the table with the gawking teenagers.

Third POV:
-She's one magnificent woman Eret, Gobber says and pats a goofy smiling Eret on the shoulder.
-She really is... Eret smiles and looks after the woman in question, that's walking through the front door. He smiles dreamily at her as she leaves.
-Wipe that stupid grin off your face! Snotlout says and points accusingly at Eret.