Chapter Fifty-One: A Burnt Experience

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Pov~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole castle awakens to screaming. Deafening screaming. Screams that one would only hear when someone was being tortured.

Tom's eyes flicker open at the scream. It was a scream, he knew. A scream coming from a person he knew. In a single, curious moment, Tom Riddle follows the running of his classmates until he reached the Great hall.

"What the hell is going on?!" Lestrange yawns. "Who the hell woke me up?" He scowls, making Tom roll his eyes.

Avery instantly comes into his line of sight. "What happened to you?" Tom demands, eyebrows raising up at the amount of blood covering the boy.

"Abby was shot with a damn arrow." Avery seethes, through gritted teeth. "Valentine and this snake chick are probably being burnt alive, and I was stabbed with a fucking sword." He rages, eyes wide and frightened, his hand going to his side, which was drenched in blood.

"Holy shite," Nott demands, pointing into the Great Hall.

Someone was on fire.

Tom moves through the students easily. They let him pass without question for fear of him. Avery races after him, and Tom sees the flames dance as a reflection on Avery's brown eyes.

"Oh, dear Lord." Avery breathes.

Tom whips around at another heart-wrenching scream. He looks closer at the person, and his heart seems to squeeze in distaste and something else.

"VALENTINE!!!!" Tom yells in anger.

Anger.... such horrid rage fills the young Riddle. Valentine Dumbledore was on fire.

Fiendfyre, to be exact.

Professor Merrythought was freaking out. No one knew how to control Fiendfyre properly. Only exceedingly powerful people were known to control such cursed flames. "It's going to spread! EVERYONE STAND BACK!!!" Merrythought bellows.