Chapter 47: A Deeply Rooted Fear

Haru gave a quaint smile before covering his hands over his mouth, trying to hold in his laughter as best he could. Yamato scowled at the boy, wondering what was going inside his mind with great curiosity. Rei gave a cocky look at the yakuza heir, knowing exactly what the laughable idea was. It wasn't an embarrassing secret that he had attempted to hide from others, but it was (Y/n) he didn't want knowing.

"Just admit it," Haru burst out laughing, "You're scared of sleeping in the same room as (Y/n) because you've never had sex!"

With that valid statement, Yamato's face went bright red and he began to stutter, not knowing what to say to disprove the fact. While the others burst out laughing, Akari backed away slowly, trying to disappear from sight. Even Shota seemed amused by the prospect, trying to hold back his laughter in a still gentlemanly way. His hand was over his mouth, but you could see the struggle in his expression.

When Rei saw the confusion in the judgment posed by the others in (Y/n)'s face, he blushed and put his arm around her hips and tugged her close to himself. He seemed to be pleasantly surprised by her disorientation to be able to place her hands in his hair. It seemed to greatly relax him, almost making him weak at the knees.

"Don't worry about it, (Y/n). I think I speak for us all when I say we rather prefer you never having done it. That way," he paused, moving one of his hands down her stomach slowly, "We can claim you for ourselves."

The boy's hand was quickly removed by Akari, who had a deadly glare at his friend's little stunt. It made both of them lock eyes as if they were going to fight at any moment. (Y/n) had a feeling that if they did, at least one of them would be lying cold on the ground. Shota silenced the situation, pushing them to other sides of the room to ensure there would be no violence. That didn't stop them from glaring at each other with spite, but at least, it eased the situation if only slightly.

"Shall we?" Shota said, motioning to no one in particular.

Haru and Takuya gave the most enthusiastic smiles, Akari grumbling to himself as he directed his gaze to the ground. He kicked at it a few times before sighing and standing up straight, his posture displaying his nerves. Shota put his hands on (Y/n)'s shoulders, directing her to sit down on the couch. He had to forcefully shove her down since she wasn't particularly thrilled with him at the moment. Especially not after what happened with Yui and Narahashi.

As she recalled the event, she looked around the room to see what had happened to the girl, but she was nowhere in sight. She opened her mouth to ask about her, but Shota put his finger to her lips, telling her in a polite way to be quiet. Then she was surrounded by the guys, Rei and Yamato behind her.

"I'll be the first to demonstrate my present," the redhead said, proudly.

Not long after, (Y/n)'s arms were full of many different gifts from the boys including the following: a bouquet of flowers from Akari, a gold and diamond necklace from Takuya, a pink-themed controller from Haru, and a mysterious key from Shota. They seemed to be highly expensive, even the key which was intricately decorated, diamonds clearly embedded in them. It made her wonder what it was for.

"I see you're curious," Shota chuckled, tying the key around her neck, "I want to see if you can find out what it unlocks. If you figure it out, I'll give you a reward. It'd mean a lot if you could indulge me."

The girl clutched at the key, hoping it unlocked something that would be useful in her escape. The redhead smiled amusingly at her reaction to the gift, feeling he would be the overall winner of the competition. Clearly, he forgot about the effect his tricks had on the girl. She kept that in mind when deciding.

She couldn't have cared less about the presents she was given and instead, tried to pick the person she thought would be the least likely to disturb her. The first person she ruled out was Shota and then Akari because of his obsessions and creepy habits. She figured he'd try to take pictures of her without her knowing, making her deeply uncomfortable. Rei had been acting bizarre and Haru was a bit commanding. So the obvious solution was Takuya since he was the shyest of the group.