Chapter Fifty-Two: The Ministry Suspects

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to pain.

Gasping in shock, my eyes fly open, and I sit up quickly only for my eyes to meet Albus's blue ones.

"Welcome back, Ms. Dumbledore." He greets me, but I'm frozen in place.

"W-what?" I ask, entirely befuddled.

"Your friend Mr. Avery set Fiendfyre alight in the tomb you were set to visit. You saved Ms. Nagini and Ms. Diggory as well as Mr. Avery." He concludes.

"Gave us all heart attacks doing it too." Madam Strout demands, coming over to check on me. "I think I lost a good couple years waking up to that screaming of yours, Valentine Dumbledore!" She scolds me.

"What? I'm sorry, did I disturb your slumber while I was literally getting roasted." I scoff, and she glares at me.

"We've dispatched of the rest of the Fiendfyre, but you broke your friend's curse. Did you know that Ms. Dumbledore?" Albus asks me and my eyes widen.

"Broke, what curse?" I sit up, groaning in pain.

"HOLD UP!!! That is newly grown skin!!! I won't have you ripping up all my hard work!!" Madam Strout screams, gesturing to the skin on my body. I must've been burnt up really badly.

"Sorry." I murmur and relax back into the covers.

"You are aware of the blood curse Ms. Nagini had to endure?" Albus asks again, from his place perched on my hospital bed.

"She's a Maledictus," I reply dryly, and Albus nods.

"Correct. Your magic infused with the powerful, uncontrollable aspect of the Fiendfyre broke the blood curse on your friend. She has become an Animagus. Able to shapeshift to her will and only to her will. That's the reason she disposed of all that blood before. She was getting rid of the cursed blood in her system." Albus explains, and I blink in shock.

"Fiendfyre can cure Maledictuses?" I yelp in surprise, and Albus shakes his head.

"No Valentine. You can cure Maledictuses. It's your magic in the end that cured her. If you hadn't, she would've been sent back to the tomb to burn to death. You severed her Maledictus curse, thus severing her connection to the tomb."

"My god." I breathe in disbelief.

"Are they alright? Abby, Nagini and Avery?" I ask, and I hear a groan from the bed beside me.

"Do you have to speak so loudly!?" Abby snaps. "I was asleep!?" She whines, making me burst out laughing.

"You're alive?!" I exclaim, and she scoffs.

"I was shot by an arrow Dumbledore. You know I need to live to show off my scars and lather in all my glory." She coughs out, and I roll my eyes fondly.