42

Serenity Nicole Newton

"Hi Ms. Newton." Collins said walking in my room
by herself. I'm so glad cause her racist partner wasn't here.

"Hey." I said smiling looking away. "Why am I here?"

"Sorry to bring you on such short notice. I was just wondering where Cortezs whereabouts were last night." I bit my lip and looked down.

"May I ask why?" I asked biting my lip.

"We believe he was involved in the shooting of Raymond Jones." She said making me shrug.

"Not possible..." I said and her face dropped.

"How?"

"Cortez went to the store and got caught up in that shooting. So he came home and I had to remove the bullet. He passed out so I took him to the hospital."

"You sure ? We have pictures of Cortez walking to Brittney house with flowers in his hand. Seems like he's cheating to me soo you sure you still wanna be an accomplice."

I looked at the pictures and bit my jaw making my temple start to poke. I wasn't gone rat , I'll just figure everything out later.

"This picture is old from when we was on the outs. He wasn't wearing those shoes yesterday." I said biting my lip. "Anymore questions." I couldn't put Cortez shoes back on so i just put his slides on.

"This gun. Was used to kill Raymond which was tracked back to you." She said sliding a picture towards me. I shook my head and smacked my lips.

"Soo the bullet shows the color of the gun to? First of all I don't have my gun permit yet. Secondly, I don't have a gun nice try." I said crossing my arms. "You're wasting our time . we done here?"

"You're okay with him going to a side piece house and give her flowers. Wow you're really loyal , the minute this turns on you, Cortez will not be this loyal. Consider your actions im giving you one more chance."

"Cortez is a club owner. Multiple clubs is open. He is a successful black man and like I said those are old , i seen those before." I snapped balling the picture up and threw it at her. "And there's nothing to turn on me."

"You two are so difficult !" She said rubbing her temple.

"Release papers please." I crossed my arms as she got up.

"I'm talking many years in jail Serenity. You're willing to throw your whole life around for a drug dealer? A man can't be that successful unless he's a drug dealer."

"What a young black male can't be a successful business owner unless they sell drugs?" Most of Cortezs income came from his clubs so the fuck is this lady talking about. Cortez is slowly leaving these streets, at least that's what it looks like to me.

"Exactly."

"Release papers. I have things to do." I said shooing her away.

-