Chapter 8

~Tsukasa's POV~

She was crying.

Tsukasa didn't like that. 

Crying meant she was sad about something, which meant she wouldn't blush. Whatever was wrong with her... he would fix it quickly.

"Fine..." Y/n said quietly. "I'll tell you."

Sakura, understanding the situation, silently got up and exited. Tsukasa looked down at Y/n, wondering what it could be.

"My... my mom hates me."

Her mom hates her? Aren't mothers supposed to be loving to their children? Tsukasa couldn't remember his mother, but he was sure she was nice.

"And... she abuses me."

Silence.

Tsukasa knew what abuse was. It was hurting other people without any real reason. He knew that he had abused people before, but... he would never hurt Y/n.

"Is that what those cuts were?" He asked, his voice low. "Did your mom do that?"

"No..." Y/n said. "I did those." 

"Why?" Tsukasa asked. Why would someone hurt themselves like that?

"Because... I hated myself."

Tsukasa stared at her. "Why did you hate yourself?" He asked, disbelieving. She wiped her tears using her sleeve.

"Because my mom made me believe... terrible things." She laughed bitterly. "What kind of mom gives their daughter a knife and tells them to die?"

Tsukasa's grip tightened on Y/n's shoulder. He looked straight ahead, not wanting her to see how angry he was.

"Tsukasa...?" 

"Sorry, it's nothing. Go on."

"Well... that's really all there is to say..." Y/n sighed and snuggled closer to him. "I...I've never really spoken to anyone about this. Thanks for listening, Tsukasa."

Tsukasa nodded subconsciously, deep in thought.

"I have one more question, Y/n." He said slowly. "You don't have to answer, but I would like to know." He looked down at her. "Why did you try to fall off the school building?"

Y/n looked away. "I was trying to... to kill myself." 

Tsukasa's world went red.

"I see." He said, smiling at Y/n. "Thanks for answering that question. I've been wondering for a while." She looked back up at him.

"I forgot to say this at the time, but... thank you, for saving me. I'm glad I met you." She said, smiling back. 

"You're welcome." He said, once again lost in thought. Then, he gently got up and set her down on the couch.

"Go to sleep, Y/n." He said cheerfully. "If you want, I'll sing you a lullaby!" He added jokingly.

She laughed a little. "Thank you for everything, Tsukasa." She said, before closing her eyes. As soon as she had done that, he turned, his face deep in shadow.

As he left the recording room, he passed Sakura and Natsuhiko in the hallway. They had been talking when they heard the door open. 

When he had turned a corner, Natsuhiko shivered and turned to Sakura. "Wonder what got him so pissed?"

Sakura shrugged, worriedly looking at the spot she had last seen him. "All I know is that someone is going to die tonight."

"For sure."

~~~~~~

Duhn duhn DUHN!

Next chapter coming soon!