Chapter 9

~This chapter will contain one moment of violence involving Chicha, Y/n's mother, so if you're sensitive to violence skip this chapter~

~Chicha's POV~

Chicha sat at the dinner table, impatiently checking her cell phone. Where was that damn brat? Why wasn't she answering her phone?

A couple days ago, she had warned her not to be late, and she never came home yesterday! How selfish of her to not think of her poor mother who has to put up with her!

It was storming outside. Inside the comfort of her own home, Chicha paid little heed to it.

However, when the lights flickered and went out, she started to mind.

"Goddammit." She cursed under her breath. "Not now." She got up and tried to switch the lights back on.

It didn't work.

"Great." Chicha seethed. "Just what I need right now-" She stopped, listening.

Through the pounding rain and thunder, Chicha thought she had heard the sound of...

There it was again! A child's laughter. 

"No way." Chicha said to herself. "I don't know what that was, but it wasn't laughter."

"Really?" A voice asked from behind her.

Gasping, Chicha spun around, only to be met with an empty room. 

She swallowed. What was going on?

"Surely it can't be..." She breathed. Then, she shook her head. "No, of course not. That's silly." But she couldn't stop her heart from pounding as she took a second look around the room.

Lightning flashed, lighting everything up. For a split second, Chicha thought she saw a figure standing in the doorway to the kitchen. Then it was gone.

Now she was starting to panic. She rushed to the table and picked up her phone, hoping to call her husband. However, it wouldn't turn on; it just showed a black screen.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god..." She muttered. "Please, just turn on...!"

Something touched her shoulder. She froze before slowly looking down at what it was.

A hand.

Screaming, Chicha swung out, only to grasp empty air. There was no one there.

"I've gotta get out of here!" She gasped, and ran to the entryway. 

She turned the corner at full speed, noticing too late the flash of silver in front of her face.

"Gaah!" She screeched, something sharp cutting her cheek. She stumbled back, holding her bleeding face. Through her fingers, she saw a figure standing there in the dark, holding a bloodied knife.

The figure raised the knife above its head, as if preparing to bring it down upon Chicha's head. She screamed again and ducked down, covering her skull.

"You cowardly scum." A voice laced with hatred spat. "How dare you even think of escape while your daughter suffers?" Chicha slowly looked up, tears streaming down her face.

Somehow, she could see a boy standing there. There was still no light, but it seemed to her as if he were glowing. His hair was black and choppy. He wore a kimono and a hat upon his head. A black seal was on the right side of his face. He looked down at her with eyes made of embers, piercing her soul.

"W-Who are you?!" Chicha stuttered, fear evident in her voice. The boy smiled, filling Chicha with terror.

"What's it matter to you, monstrous mother of Y/n L/n?" He sneered.

"How do you know my daughter's name?!" Chicha exclaimed. 

"You still refer to her as your daughter?" The boy said, his voice ice cold. "You, who calls her worthless; you, who hits her for no reason; you, who drove her to attempting SUICIDE?!" He shouted the last word, his voice filled with fury. Chicha cowered down.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She sobbed, bowing down. The boy cocked his head, his eyes wide with psychotic enjoyment. He bent down and lifted her head to face him.

"Sorry. Isn't. Good enough." He whispered. Chicha remembered when she told Y/n that, not too long ago. This was karma for that, wasn't it?

The boy lifted the knife and looked at it, smiling with amusement.

"You told Y/n to kill herself with a knife, right?" He mused, looking at Chicha. "What if I killed you with one, too?" Chicha cried out.

"Please, spare me!" She begged. The boy laughed.

"Really? You ask me to do that?" He said, smirking. "Pretty sure Y/n asked that a lot, didn't she? And what did you do about her pleas?" He flipped the knife in the air, catching it. 

"Absolutely nothing."

He grabbed Chicha's right hand, holding it up for her to see. "However, I can't let you get away with abuse to her. I'll make sure you're still alive to apologize." He smiled evilly.

"I'll just lop off a few of your fingers as payment!" With that, he swiftly brought down the knife, cutting off Chicha's index, middle, and ring finger with one swipe.

Chicha screamed in pain, holding her bleeding hand and trying not to look at her fingers rolling on the ground. The boy grinned with delight at his work.

"Aw, they came off a little too smoothly." He complained. "I wish it would've taken two or three chops to get them off!" He used his finger to wipe off the blood. Then, he licked his finger clean, smiling with contempt at Chicha's horrified reaction.

"Well, I'll be on my way, I think." The boy said, bending over. "My work here is done. However..." He looked her dead in the eye. "If you hurt Y/n again, I'll chop off more than a few fingers, got it?" Chicha sobbed as she nodded violently. The boy smiled again.

"Good. If anyone asks, you got your fingers caught in a paper shredder. Oh, and don't tell anyone I was here." He winked at her. "No one would believe you saw a ghost!" With that, he vanished into smoke, leaving behind only the knife he cut her with.

Chicha wailed in agony, crying on the floor of her home, wishing with all her might that the ghost boy had never come here.

~~~~~~

Ah, that was kind of satisfying. Dark, but satisfying.

New chapter coming soon!