Chapter 3

Lucy pulled the laces again. I nearly shrieked. Usually Anne is in charge of dressing me. She's the best at it. Mary will do my makeup, and Lucy will do my hair. Tonight it was just Lucy helping me. Apparently, they needed to sew more dresses for when the boys arrived. I personally thought it was ridiculous. The names hadn't even been drawn and it wasn't like I was the one that needed to impress them. So I don't know why they are making so many extravagant gowns.

"In case you forgot, I will need to breathe." I said casually.

"Your fine." Lucy said and moved on. Leaving my organs crushed together. I would have laughed at her lack of informality, but the dress stopped me.

I stood in front of the mirror and ran my hand down the silky fabric. Tonight's dress was a yellowish gold made out of silk. It caught light easily, making it look like a river of gold running down my torso, then flaring into the skirt. It looks like a pond around me. Anne, Mary and Lucy have a gift for making gowns, and showing off my curves. This was definitely one of those dresses. As I gazed at my reflection I wished I could have saved this for a different night. This dress was so beautiful, it enhanced my shape in a way I didn't know it could be.

I've always known I have a good figure. I'm curvy like an hourglass. I know most girls desperately want this. But It's not like I just magically have toned arms, legs, stomach, etc. I workout all the time. While yes my genes sure help with my shape and size, it's not that simple.

"America," Lucy softly called from my closet.

"Yes?" I said leaving the mirror and going over to my closet. Lucy stood in front of my tiara collection which is ever growing. She held two gold tiaras and seemed to be examining them. One was more of a band, that twisted like a vine within itself. The other one had more of a classic tiara style.

"Which one would you like to wear? I think both will work with your outfit."

"The one on the left." I honestly liked them both.

"Alright, the left one it is." Lucy said placing the twisted one back into the self and closing the glass doors. We walked out and I sat on the nearest chair so she could place it on my head. She gently did so, adjusting my hair so it would look effortless.

My hair was in a braided crown around my head. A few red curls framed my face. The tiara looked perfect in the middle. My makeup was natural with hints of gold. It was beautiful. I was beautiful.

I stood back up, did a quick 360° and looked at Lucy for confirmation. She nodded excitedly. "I think I'm ready to go."

"Yes you should. Wouldn't want to be late for dinner."

"I know." I sang and made my way to the door. "Wait." Lucy called.

"Where should I put your files and papers that are scattered around your desk? I need to clean the room."

"Clean around them, I still have a few reports left. I'll finish after dinner."

I pushed the grand doors open. Immediately the guards bowed, I nodded my head in appreciation. I hummed on my way down to the recording room. The halls are long, the stairs seem never ending, the space is wide. Yet after growing up here, the walk seems seconds long. I step up to the doors, and nod my head for them to be opened.

Mom is the only one that has arrived. I wondered why neither of my sisters were here yet. As long as they are here by 7:30 they will be fine. Otherwise it's very disrespectful. The only exception is if we are working or in a meeting. Even then you must send notice. Aside from my parents it's me who needs to work though dinner, only on accation does Kenna need to. I only hope they make it in time. So for the moment it's just mother and I.