FORTY SEVEN: Odd

"Don't you find it peculiar that this particular studio is on an entirely different floor as all the others?" Tokoyami questioned me as we walked along the hallway, Dark Shadow reaching across to ride on my back.
"Hey, at least it isn't the basement. Herogue is a huge corporation, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had several floors dedicated to shoots and interviews."

It was strange, being called for an interview. I was barely in the top fifty rankings, so why not choose some other hero? Perhaps it was because I had been collaborating lately?
"Oh my gosh, Songbird, hi!" Tokoyami and I paused as a slender young woman came bounding down the hall, waving excitedly. She had the brightest pixie cut I had ever seen, coloured lime green with her fringe covering her right eye. "Glad you could make it! Takeda Himari! We spoke on the phone!"

Nodding, I accepted her surprisingly strong handshake, forcing a smile.
"Nice to meet you. I brought along one of the agency's interns, so I hope that's okay. This is Tsukuyomi." I introduced my shadowy companion and the woman beamed brightly.
"That's fine with me! Come on, we're just down this corridor. Kohei and I are super excited to work with you today!"

Kohei..? Don't tell me...

"Wait...Kohei? As in wears literally every item of clothing he's ever owned in his life just to even poke his head out the window Kohei?" I asked, and Tokoyami gave me an odd look.
"Yep! He told me he's met you before when I asked him to do the shoot! How great! A familiar face always makes things more comfortable!"

We followed after her, and Tokoyami leaned closer to me, lowering his voice.
"Forgive me for being intrusive, but how did you become acquainted with a member of the paparazzi?" Clicking my tongue, I shrugged, turning into the room behind Takeda.
"In my defense, I didn't know he was. He knew Hawks, and I met him when we went away, before we split up."

Low and behold, there was the cloaked man, sitting on top of a table and fiddling with a camera. His head lifted once he noticed our arrival and lifted a hand in greeting.
"Songbird, nice to see you again." Standing up, Kohei approached, offering me his gloved hand to shake, then doing the same for Tokoyami.
"What a coincidence..." I murmured, now entirely sceptical of the whole situation.

Why is he here? This can't just be one of those small world scenarios...

"Okay, so, Songbird, take this and go change! We can conduct the interview as we shoot!" Takeda made me jump as she forced a bundle into my arms. A red dress and shoes, plus a few other bits and bobs. I wasn't at all impressed by the colour, but I had already agreed, so off I went to change.

"Hmmm...maybe we should've gone with blue...I think it'd suit her more..." Kohei mused once I walked back into the room, heels clicking loudly upon the floor. Takeda waved him off, grinning ear to ear as she ushered me into position.
"Okay, so so so! Lemme just..." I flinched as she stuck something into my hair, behind my right ear, and again when she kind of roughly forced me to sit on the ground.

Around me sat expensive looking jewellery, and every single piece looked very familiar.
"This is...Hawks' new line, isn't it..?" I murmured, rapidly blinking as a chain was draped over my head.
"It sure is! We were all thinking, hmmm, who should we get to model this for the release? Hawks does it all the time, so why not the co-designer?!" The woman explained with a bouncy giggle, which to me sounded rather unsettling.

Awkwardly, I turned to glance over at Tokoyami, who seemed to be thinking the exact same thing.
"Sorry to be a pain, but would you mind activating your quirk, please? Wings are kind of the selling point." Kohei asked me politely, and it felt rude to refuse. Sighing, I released my daytime wings, thanks to the bright lighting, and waited awkwardly for instruction.